Running multiple tests at the same Time

Is there any way to run multiple tests in parallel using UI.Vison?

Thank you

1 Like

Yes, you can run many instances of Chrome + UI.vision using the UI.Vision command line.

You might want to make a new Chrome profile for each instance, so cookies and cache are not shared between the tests, or run them in incognito mode.

1 Like

Hi,

I am not able to open multiple instances of chromium + uivision. Even if I open more that one instance of chromium there is only 1 instance of uivision that gets confused and stops working. Any idea??

The solution is to use a new profile for each instance. So if you want to have 10 Ui.vision instances working at the same time, you need to create 10 different Chrome profiles. For Firefox it works the same.

Once you have the profiles, you use a different one in each command line:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” –profile-directory=Default “file:///D:/test/ui.vision.html?macro=demotest&direct=1&close=1&savelog=log1.txt”

Chrome:

--profile-directory=Default
--profile-directory="Profile 1"
--profile-directory="Profile 2"

For more details see here.

Firefox:
How to create profiles:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_new_Firefox_profile_on_Windows

Command line: -P "profile_name"

3 Likes

Hello !

I come back on this discussion because this technique with profile doesn’t work with me :confused:
To explain quickly, I have a sattelite server launching the RPA software via a powershell script (extracted from the github of RPA), and coming back with a exit code and a message.
Anyway, when I launch the scenario once, it is all great, but when I’m trying to launch one after the other, or at the same time, idk why but I’m getting a buffer underflow on nrpe.
I tried using the same profile, and different profile, same issue.

I also tried launching the powershell the scenarios on my computer directly, but also an error, no log file is produced …

Well if someone has an idea I would be very grateful to hear it :blush:

Thank you :wink:

I use firefox portable and batch file, you can run multiple firefox with separate macros in same time

I do not use powershell too complicated and do not work well, batch file is easy and fast solution

Hello,
thanks for your answer :slight_smile:
Do you have an extract of your script on the parallel launch ?
I would like to see how you’re doing if that’s ok.

Merry Christmas :wink:

I tried to run multiple automation instances too… so what should I do to them in Incognito mode?
Use --profile-directory=“Incognito” ? (doesn’t seem to work on my end… so I must have done something wrong)

@yaphawhann For launching Chrome in incognito stealth mode, the overall command line as shown by @Timo stays the same. Just add --incognito to it:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” –incognito –profile-directory=User1 “file:///D:/test/ui.vision.html?macro=demotest&direct=1&close=1&savelog=user1-log.txt”

Note that for this to work you must allow UI.Vision to run in incognito mode. As for all extensions, this is disabled by default. You can this in the Chrome extension settings:

PS: In Firefox the stealth mode command line switch is -private-window

I must be missing something. I am able to successfully instantiate multiple google chrome windows using different profiles. My problem is that only one (the original default window) has the ui.Vision extension in the bar. Same is true if I instantiate incognito windows, extension doesn’t show up for that window.

Do I have to install a ui.vision extension for each profile? I see no way to share the extension unless I have multiple google workspace accounts and use the google admin.console. Any ideas?
Thanks

I am only using google chrome for RPA. I’m not using google accounts.