Internal variable "!URL" works only when OPEN is used before

In Chrome (possibly other browsers):
Since the last updated to 7.0.11 I have issues all over the place and a lot of my scripts stopped working.
The first one I found is the “${!URL}”:
It appears that this command only works after a URL was called with the OPEN command:

{
      "Command": "open",
      "Target": "https://a9t9.com/",
      "Value": "",
      "Description": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "echo",
      "Target": "url is ${!URL}",
      "Value": "green",
    }

But if you try the same thing without the “OPEN” command it fails with the error message above: Internal variable “!URL”

{
      "Command": "selectWindow",
      "Target": "tab=0",
      "Value": "",
    },
    {
      "Command": "echo",
      "Target": "url is ${!URL}",
      "Value": "green",
    }

Thanks a lot for the bug report. I confirmed the issue.

Hi just want to remind you that this issue still exists in version 7.0.14. I do feel it is an important call that needs to be fixed. My workaround for this right now is to have the executeScript call before. Not sure why this fixes it but it makes it works for now:

{
“Command”: “executeScript”,
“Target”: “return ${!clipboard}”,
“Value”: “TempToFixURLCall”,
“Description”: “Can be removed once the ${!URL} call issue in KANTU is resolved”
},
{
“Command”: “echo”,
“Target”: “url is ${!URL}”,
“Value”: “green”,
“Description”: “”
},

1 Like

Interesting. Adding “executeScript” solves the issue because it makes a connection to the website, so it helps in a similar way as adding an OPEN command before it.

We have a ticket for this issue, so it is not forgotten. But this additional test case is helpful, thanks!

I was hoping this is fixed with version 8. Is this still under investigation? I think {!URL} is such an important command.

Yeah, it is not yet fixed but it is high on our todo list.

Version 8 was all about getting the local OCR feature released.

OK, Hope I can see this being fixed soon as it introduced a lot of issues all over the place. Same as having the script constantly disconnecting from the browser tab and then stopping when it runs more than 2 minutes. (Yes I have installed the latest browser helper).
This makes it really difficult right now to use your app.

That sounds serious . => Does it happen always? Does it happen also with demo macros or “only” with a very specific macro? In other words, do you have a test case for this bug for us?

Always at random times (using chrome on windows 10) for scripts running longer than 2 minutes. I reported it her before: UI.Vision RPA is not connected to browser tab appears in version 7.0.11 - #5 by noahhath
I have not tried it on Edge as I still have the kantu version 6 there and want to make sure I have something functional on hand.

I just wrote a script that shows the problem. It suppose to iterated 500 times clicking something and stopped after 102 iterations (292 seconds. This time without any error message. It just stopped running. Often I get “Error #101: UI.Vision RPA is not connected to a browser tab(more info)”

Please look at this this and keep me posted as prevents me to run complex scripts:

{
“Name”: “errorDisconnectTest”,
“CreationDate”: “2022-8-1”,
“Commands”: [
{
“Command”: “open”,
“Target”: “RPA Software Pricing”,
“Value”: “”,
},
{
“Target”: “return 0;”,
“Value”: “i”,
},
{
“Command”: “times”,
“Target”: “500”,
},
{
“Command”: “click”,
“Target”: “xpath=//[@id="content download-content"]/div[2]/div[2]/table/tbody/tr/td",
“Targets”: [
"xpath=//
[@id="content download-content"]/div[2]/div[2]/table/tbody/tr/td”,
“xpath=//td”,
“css=#content download-content > div.row > div:nth-child(2) > table:nth-child(4) > tbody > tr:nth-child(1) > td:nth-child(1)”
],
},
{
“Target”: “xpath=//[@id="content download-content"]/div[2]/div[2]/table/tbody/tr[2]/td",
"xpath=//
[@id="content download-content"]/div[2]/div[2]/table/tbody/tr[2]/td”,
“xpath=//tr[2]/td”,
“css=#content download-content > div.row > div:nth-child(2) > table:nth-child(4) > tbody > tr:nth-child(2) > td:nth-child(1)”
],
},
{
“Target”: “xpath=//[@id="content download-content"]/div[2]/div[2]/table/tbody/tr[3]/td",
"xpath=//
“xpath=//tr[2]/td”,
“css=#content download-content > div.row > div:nth-child(2) > table:nth-child(4) > tbody > tr:nth-child(2) > td:nth-child(1)”
],
},
{
“Target”: “xpath=//[@id="content download-content"]/div[2]/div[2]/table/tbody/tr[4]/td",
"xpath=//
“xpath=//tr[2]/td”,
],
},
{
“Target”: “xpath=//[@id="content download-content"]/div[2]/div[2]/table/tbody/tr[5]/td",
"xpath=//
“xpath=//tr[2]/td”,
],
},
{
“Target”: “return ${i} + 1;”,
“Value”: “i”,
},
{
“Command”: “end”,
“Target”: “”,
}
]
}

Hi, can also fix that !URL issue on version 6.2.8 for those that can not move to the 8 version of Kantu?

Hi, what is blocking your move to V8?

The code for V6.2.8 is frozen.

• On longer scripts (2 two or more minutes) Kantu version 7 & 8 comes randomly to an halt without any error message.
  • Latest version of xModules is installed. (on windows 10 with chrome)
  • This seems to be triggered at one point by the “click” command when its used very.
  • This issue is not consistent on all computer installation. I have installed it on a different computer and it works fine. But it does not work on all computers. At my work computer with the exact installation the script does not run to the very end coming to an halt without any message.
  • Other have been reported the same issue but it has never been addressed:
    Script suddenly stop
    7.0.13: Macro stop on Xclick command

I totally agree that this is a problem.

This issue is not consistent on all computer installation.

That makes it so hard for us to recreate and then debug and fix. But we are working on it.

V6.2.8 is using “manifest 2” and will stop working sometime in 2023, because Chrome will turn off support for “manifest 2” (if they stick to what they have announced).

OK, I just had one of my coworkers testing it on his machine with the script that fails on my and he had the same issue. The script came to an halt after 73 iteration instead of completing all 500.

Just to let you know, my company UCSF - University California of San Francisco (you can google it) has several thousand employees (mostly medical students and doctors), several campuses over the city and several IT departments I’m working together with. I’m currently introducing your tool to those IT department as they have seen what wonderful automations I put together to make everyone work more easy. It would be just a bummer (because it shines in so many other ways) if we can’t continue using this tool because the latest version became unstable for some of us using this.

Saying this, I want to point out, I’m not the only one with this issue. Another one in another IT department just reported the same issue on his computer. I also had put together several links of the same issue reported in this forum in a prior posting of this threat.

I really, really hope this can be sorted out so we can start purchase more licenses.
Please let me know if I can be helpful in any other way.

Thank you
Hendrik Kupfernagel