XClick (xpath) clicks on wrong area

Thanks I try the new xmodules also because with the old xmodules I have problems with the Xclic command sometimes click in the wrong positions (usually 2 centimeters above the selected element) so I can not use Xclick because it is not precise.

It seems that the color of the screen can affect the accuracy of the Xclic command (if the screen is dark I think it is wrong to click the elements).

Can you record a screencast for this? We are currently working on computer vision improvements, and every test case is helpful!

With Dark Screen Xclick fails.

Try to use it in black screen and you see the problem.

I do not use Xclic to avoid this problem.

It works in few cases with white screen and fails with dark screen.

It’s not good a command that can fails in dark screen

Hi, what is “dark screen”? A dark desktop background is no problem.

In my test Xclic works in few cases, when there is a black background seems to not working.

I often notice that clicking near the item to click in my opinion Xclic is not a good command to use because it often does not work properly.

It would be useful to create an alternative command that can execute commands precisely such as sendkeys that in ui vision works very little, but sendkey on Katalon Recorder works a little better and allows you to emulate the keyboard more precisely.

Currently I am no longer using Xclic because it is more errors and problems than gives benefits, if you look in the forum there are so many reports of errors of the Xclic command.

Here a case but in the forum there are more report of this problem

Thanks for the message. There is a button in the web app of the task I am running that copies a message to the clipboard when you click on it. I had to use Xclik because UIvision, when is running a macro, does not allow to copy to the clipboard by clicking on this button unless you use Xclick. . Y solved the problem using de Xclick command in a place where It does not click any element and then I click that button whith the normal click command. It seems that when using normal commands some functions don’t work, but If You use Xcommands everything works as If you were really using your computer manually.

By the moment this is working for me. I am new to the program and new to automation in general so by now I am happy.

A screen video or at least screenshot would be helpful, because currently we are not aware of any issue.

Do you have a test case for us? Ideally a web page where the UI.Vision sendkeys fails but Katalon works? Once we can recreate the issue it should be a quick fix.

Actually… this month’s XModule update should have solved all known issues :slight_smile: So I am not aware of any open XClick bugs forum posts. If you can link to a few, that would be helpful, and we will investigate ASAP.

I use old xmodules and i use dark screen on firefox, in more case i have the same bug with dark screen disabled to.

1. I execute a click (and working)

2. I execute a Xclick with same xpath and click in wrong position and in some case change tab

Simple macro code

{
  "Name": "Xclick",
  "CreationDate": "2021-1-18",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "bringBrowserToForeground",
      "Target": "",
      "Value": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "click",
      "Target": "xpath=//img[@alt='RPA Tools Forum for UIV RPA Software, OCR Text Recognition and Selenium IDE']",
    },
    {
      "Command": "pause",
      "Target": "5000",
    },
    {
      "Command": "XClick",
      "Target": "xpath=//img[@alt='RPA Tools Forum for UIV RPA Software, OCR Text Recognition and Selenium IDE']",
    },
    {
    }
  ]
}

With Xclick it change tab (have not sense to change tab), after 1 second of Green screen it change tab but need to click Ui vision logo, not change tab.

In my automation experience Xclick has always been a bad command that I try to avoid because it creates a lot of problems and rarely works.

In the forum I read hundreds of reports of problems with Xclick so it is a thing known for years to everyone, there are hundreds of posts of problems with xclick you have never seen them ? find it with research and you will find them there are many complaints.

Thanks

I tested your macro and it works well for me:

Macro code used:

{
  "Name": "testx",
  "CreationDate": "2021-1-19",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "bringBrowserToForeground",
      "Target": "",
    },
    {
      "Command": "open",
      "Target": "https://forum.ui.vision/t/new-xmodule-v2021-2/6816/10",
    },
    {
      "Command": "click",
    },
    {
      "Command": "verifyElementPresent",
      "Target": "linkText=How to deal with skipping CSV blank cells",
    },
    {
    },
    {
      "Command": "open",
      "Target": "https://forum.ui.vision/t/new-xmodule-v2021-2/6816/10",
    },
    {
      "Command": "XClick",
    },
    {
    },
    {
      "Command": "verifyElementPresent",
      "Target": "linkText=How to deal with skipping CSV blank cells",
    }
  ]
}

I appreciate your feedback usually, but in this case you are wrong :wink:

If you can link to a re-creatable issue with XClick and/or XClickRelative, I am happy to give out a free Personal License for that. (And to anyone else reading this!).

The one downside of using XClick’s real user simulation is that the browser needs to be in front, so you can only run one automation at a time. Of course, this is by design since we need to move the mouse cursor and send keystrokes. The workaround here is to run the automation inside virtual machines, we use the free VirtualBox for our own automated tests.

Known issues:

Currently there is only one known issue:

1 Like

Here 2 videos with xclick

I use firefox 84.0.2 (64 bit) + ui vision 5.9.5 and dark screen (but I have it with dark screen disabled too).

The first time Xclick working and click the logo

The second time i run the same macro code and it change tab

This strange problem with xclick I have always known, began to manifest itself from firefox 62 and I notice it until today with all versions of ui vision, I do not know what it depends on.

For this reason I do not use Xclick because this problem occurs randomly and therefore can alter the work to be done.

I hope you can help me understand what it depends on and how to solve it.

I recorded 2 different videos at 2 different times to show you that the problem is random and that it is not uncommon so it can manifest itself numerous times.

Thank you

where do you download the new xmodules?

The latest versions are always on Download XModules for enhanced features, Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

@newuserkantu Thanks a lot for the videos, very helpful. I see that you encounter the “y-value calibration issue”. See here: XClick Not calibrated - #17 by admin - this is the only known bug in the XModules, and we are currently hunting it :wink:

Even so this is a known bug, your videos revealed something new: It seems the bug happens randomly on the same system, this is very useful new information. We will test now with some dark themes, hopefully we can recreate the issue asap.

1 Like

Thanks

I had this problem in the past and initially I thought it was a problem with firefox addons, I had changed addons and it seemed to work but after a while the problem recurred and it occurs randomly so I don’t know before when it shows up and it prevents me from carrying out automations because I don’t know if Xclick and Xtype will work or not.

Here my old post

I took a long time to find out the problem but I did not understand what it depends on seems random, it can happen several consecutive times as can happen a few times in the same day.

The problem also presented himself not using dark reader extensions, I do not know what it depends on but I would love to be able not to have this problem and be able to use Xclick and Xtype without problems.

Thanks for support

Thanks again for the good test case! => This issue is fixed with V6.0.5

1 Like