Why does OCRExtract when using XModule Local OCR throw an error but online mode works fine?

If I use OCRExtract OR OCRExtractRelative with XModule Local OCR enable and don’t allow online OCR, I get the following error:

The first argument must be one of type string, Buffer, ArrayBuffer, Array, or Array-like Object. Received type boolean

If I use Engine 1 and allow online OCR, it works fine and displays the relevant text.

What is the issue?

The code example is very simple, just standard OCRExtract:

{
      "Command": "OCRExtract",
      "Target": "ocrextract_dpi_192.png",
      "Value": "Code1",
      "Description": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "echo",
      "Target": "${Code1}",
      "Value": "",
      "Description": ""
    },

Does this happen for every image or just a specific image? Can you post a test image here?

Hello, we found that this error happens if the latest XModule version is not installed. You need at least V2022a for local OCR support.

Unfortunately the OCR XModule box “installed” status is not reliable. It shows “installed” even if the latest version is not installed. It actually displays the XFile XModule version number (v1.0.12) . So this indicator is not reliable for local OCR (of course, we will fix this with a future update).

But the workaround is easy: Just download & install the lastest XModule version from our homepage.

Every image, I didn’t bother posting example image or macro because it happens everywhere

Thanks! Unfortunately in this case this solution doesn’t work for me - I have the latest xmodule version installed and it still doesn’t work. I just tried reinstalling from your link as well. Still having the same issue

any idea? @ulrich @admin