Send Keys has unexpected behavior

So I am trying to use the sendKeys command to navigate a website, and I have no clue why I am seeing the current behavior. When I send ${KEY_ENTER}, the page seems to submit a form or something rather than sending the enter key. Here are my commands:

{
  "Name": "Greenhouse",
  "CreationDate": "2021-12-9",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "open",
      "Target": "https://app.greenhouse.io",
      "Value": "",
      "Description": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "sendKeys",
      "Target": "id=user_email",
      "Value": "test@test",
      "Targets": [
        "id=user_email",
        "name=user[email]",
        "xpath=//*[@id=\"user_email\"]",
        "xpath=//input[@id='user_email']",
        "xpath=//div[2]/input",
        "css=#user_email"
      ],
    },
    {
      "Command": "sendKeys",
      "Target": "id=user_email",
      "Value": "${KEY_ENTER}",
      "Targets": [
        "id=user_email",
        "name=user[email]",
        "xpath=//*[@id=\"user_email\"]",
        "xpath=//input[@id='user_email']",
        "xpath=//div[2]/input",
        "css=#user_email"
      ],
    }
  ]
}

When the macro runs, it ends up redirecting the page, and I see this:

For my use case, I am unable to use XType. I am highlighting this case rather than simulating a click event, because there is a place in this tool after you log in where there is no button and I am forced to use sendKeys, so I would like to figure out what is going on here.

Any help is appreciated.

It’s an old bug, Sendkeys do not work well in ui vision read my old post

I confirmed the issue. And this is a great test case! I created a ticket for it and we plan to fix the issue with an update early next year.

@newuserkantu I remember our discussion :wink: Do you have any good current “UI.Vision sendkey does not work, but it works in Katalon” test cases for us? If so, please add them to this forum post, and we will fix them as well. The goal is that whatever works in Katalon or the classic Selenium IDE also works in UI.Vision (plus many things more, of course). Every test case that you have will be fixed. That also applies to other commands, of course.

@Jasper_Madrone Why can you not use XType? Maybe I have a workaround for this problem.

Hi
In the last period I have not used the Sendkeys command anymore, I use Xtype which is much more efficient and works well but if I have problems with Sendkeys I report it in the post, thank you for the support.

Hi,

What would the advantage be using SendKeys instead of XType?

Sendkeys do not require focus on screen (you can rum multuoke browser in same time) and Sendkeys work without xmodules and can be used unlimited and it’s 100% compatible with selenium iide.