New Version is a nightmare

There is a lot of problems with this new version.

  • ExecuteScript takes ages to execute
  • Loop aren’t working properly (first loop is ok but after nothing works)
  • Proxies username and password doesn’t work

Can you please fix this version asap and downgrade to an older working version ? It impossible to run right now.

1 Like

Hi,

for issues 1 + 2 can you please post a test macro? Because in our tests all works fine! Of course we will fix all issues ASAP, but we must be able to recreate them, so we can debug it.

For the proxies issue I wrote an answer in this new post.

i’m having loop issues too. macros work when run one time.

how do i revert back to the previous version?

You can go here : Archive - UI.Vision RPA Software
I tried but i can’t make xmodules works.

thanks!

on another note. I realise that on mac’s chrome it’s working but not on windows 10’s chrome.

@shirlate Instead of going back to the old Chrome version, I recommend to just use Firefox until the issue is fixed.

Issue confirmed, thanks for reporting it

This issue is still unconfirmed. Does anyone see it and has a test case?

You can try to run localStorage.clear(); sessionStorage.clear();
Before it was very fast but now the script stops like 5-10sec on it

I tested and for me at least executeScript_Sandbox is not any slower. @shirlate you posted ExecuteScript… did you mean executeScript_Sandbox?

I tested it, too. => ExecuteScript takes exactly the same time in both versions.

{
  "Name": "test",
  "CreationDate": "2021-12-20",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "open",
      "Target": "https://ui.vision/rpa",
      "Value": "",
      "Description": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "executeScript",
      "Target": " localStorage.clear(); sessionStorage.clear();",
      "Value": "",
      "Description": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "echo",
      "Target": "done",
      "Value": "",
      "Description": ""
    }
  ]
}

I have the same issue. Here is a test case for you.

  1. Open this: https://ui.vision/rpa/x

  2. Run this macro:

{
  "Name": "executeScript bug",
  "CreationDate": "2021-12-27",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "store",
      "Target": "fast",
      "Value": "!replayspeed",
      "Description": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "executeScript",
      "Target": "return document.getElementById(\"code\").rows.length;",
      "Value": "rowcount",
      "Description": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "echo",
      "Target": "rowcount = ${rowcount}",
      "Value": "",
      "Description": ""
    }
  ]
}

The executeScript lag, in this case, seems to occur only once - on a newly loaded page. The first attempt will take about 5 seconds, the second and so on about 0.1s - 0.2s. If you press F5 on the same page, again the first attempt will take 5s, and the other attempts will take 0.1s - 0.2s.

In 6.2.8 there is a similar issue, but probably no one noticed it as the times are as follows:
First try: 0.68s
Second try: 0.15s

Tested on 2 different devices: laptop and desktop.
Chrome 96.0.4664.110 64-bit version.

The UI.Vision installed on the laptop was updated from 6.2.8 to 6.3.1.
The desktop had a clean install of UI.Vision.

Logs
First attempt:

* [status] Playing macro executeScript bug
* [info] Executing: | store | fast | !replayspeed |
* [info] Executing: | executeScript | return document.getElementById("code").rows.length; | rowcount |
* [info] Executing: | echo | rowcount = ${rowcount} | |
* [echo] rowcount = 4
* [info] Macro completed (Runtime 5.60s)

Second attempt (without reloading the website):

* [status] Playing macro executeScript bug
* [info] Executing: | store | fast | !replayspeed |
* [info] Executing: | executeScript | return document.getElementById("code").rows.length; | rowcount |
* [info] Executing: | echo | rowcount = ${rowcount} | |
* [echo] rowcount = 4
* [info] Macro completed (Runtime 0.24s)

@matmat Thanks for this very good test case. The issue is solved with V6.3.2. executeScript has now again the same runtimes as V6.2.8 (0.68 + 0.1).

1 Like

Hi,

  1. Some of the commands just disappeared (Click, Click and wait). Some became generalized (verify, store, assert). Macros still work, commands can be copied from another macro or changed to the right one in Source View.

  2. After updating, the longer I use the macro, the slower it gets. The only thing that helps is to manually disable the macro and re-enable it. (The more often I start it from the bookmark, the faster it slows down and errors in the extension appear).

(6.3.2)