How to read CSV directly from my local desktop? I've already change to hard drive storage but can't figure how

I want UI.Vision to be able to read the csv file that I downloaded onto my local desktop without importing it on the CSV tab in ui vision. I have already switched to hard drive storage.

The CSV input files must be in the /datasources folder (or in a subfolder of it, like /datasources/proxylists ). The /datasources folder is created by the RPA software automatically. It is in the RPA home directory that you set on the UIVision XModules tab.

See also Error Can't find macro with name "name" when run command line - #5 by admin

In other words, you can not use absolute paths like c:/folder/file.csv yet.

But the RPA home folder can be on a network drive like “\192.168.0.25\Partage\IT\” . This is useful if you want to use the CSV and macro files from many UI.Vision installations.

PS: The same applies for images and macros that are stored on the hard-drive.

Thanks for the reply. How do I select the specific file then? I can’t seem to click on the select button

Do you mean from inside the macro? Just add the name behind the csvRead command.

alright I’ve managed to do it. However, is it possible to read it from a subfolder in datasources? Because I have quite a few csv files and would like to arrange it accordingly in subfolders. I’ve tried it just now, but can’t seem to read from subfolder

Read a CSV from a /datasources subfolder this way:

{
  "Command": "csvRead",
  "Target": "subfolder1/abc1.csv",
  "Value": "",
  "Description": ""
}

Awesome
Just to add to it, you can save CSV in subfolder

{
      "Command": "csvRead",
      "Target": "subfolder1/abc1.csv",