Getting Error #101: UI.Vision RPA is not connected to a browser tab

Getting this while running a macro…Sometimes browser gets closed and we get this error.
Error #101: UI.Vision RPA is not connected to a browser tab

This is not a solution

Can anyone please explain how to fix this issue? It is extremely disruptive and desperating. Even if I ahve all my browsers closed, open a fresh new one, open UI vision and run a script I get this error. On some other times, the script gets connected to whichever tab it feels like despite anything I do. The amount of time I have wasted trying to fight this “feature” is unbelievable

1 Like

I can only add to this. Sometimes when running a script in a loop with a while command, after a few rounds, suddenly the error comes up and it tells me “not connected to a browser tab” even though it had been running fine on the tab.
I so far did not find a solution to it and even posted here a few month ago without any help…

I Think issue is when temporary internet goes down, at least in my case. I need to find a solution to check if page didnt load and keep trying before going further.

Need a function to check (not fail) if a tab is connected and, if not, to look for an appropriate tab and connect it.

I too have seemingly-random errors where a tab is seemingly forgotten by UI.vision.

1 Like

After posting, I discovered the “selectWindow” command that gives me a solution to my problem (which may be different than the rest of this discussion, now that I think about it). Posting in case it is helpful to anyone:

{
  "Name": "sub_preflightcheck",
  "CreationDate": "2022-6-24",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "store",
      "Target": "true",
      "Value": "!errorignore",
      "Description": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "selectWindow",
      "Target": "title=${windowTitle}",
      "Value": "",
    },
    {
      "Command": "if_v2",
      "Target": "!${!statusOK}",
    },
    {
      "Command": "open",
      "Target": ${url},
    },
    {
      "Command": "end",
      "Target": "",
    },
    {
      "Command": "store",
      "Target": "false",
      "Value": "!errorignore",
    }
  ]
}

It seems to cover the bases. If I really don’t have the tab open, it opens it. If the tab is open and selected, then all the above is basically ignored. But if the tab is there and ui.Vision forgets it, then it looks for it by title and attaches it.

2 Likes