Error #180: No connection to browser tab

Hi, sometimes when I start my macros by command line, I have the following error:

image

It happens before any command is executed, the log has only this single line. This is an issue that do not always happen, but I have a macro which executes each few minutes and this always start a cascade of errors at some point.

I would like to understand the logic behind it.

Thanks.

1 Like

If this happens, is there a website loaded in the browser tab? The error means that UIVision can somehow not talk to the website. It happens for example if a non-website is in the tab, e. g. the start page.

Hi Ulrich,

Yes, I keep always 6 tabs with loaded websites open, and the macro will execute some actions on them. I run it each 5 minutes using the windows scheduler. It takes a bit more than a minute to finish the execution. For example, right now it was going fine for more than one hour, until I finally got a different error than before, right at the beginning of the macro:

image

Any idea?

Thanks.

How does this setup work. Is the browser always open? Maybe you can share a screenshot of the situation?

Correct, the browser is always open. I keep it like this to avoid having to login. Below you can see a screenshot:

So the macro runs each 5 minutes in a computer that has no user interference while the macro is supposed to be running. Sometimes it’s not monitored. When the windows scheduler triggers the macro, a new tab in this browser is instantly opened and UI Vision is launched. This tab is immediately closed (automatically) once the macro starts, so the active tab becomes the one that was active before the trigger.

As I mentioned, this works fine when I test it. It also works for several times when it’s triggered by the windows scheduler, but at some point this errors happen at the very beginning, compromising all the following executions as well.

Ulrich - do you know a reliable way to solve this problem please?

When I encounter this problem, I have had some sucess with switching to a different tab and then switching back to the one I wanted to work on. It is almost like it loses focus to a hidden tab and you have to bring it back. This often works for me. I would try it and if it doesn’t work then sorry for the distraction

I’m getting this error when I use the command line to run Chrome and ui.vision.html

First I was getting a “Failed to inject” error when the macro got to the first executeScript. It seems that the uivision.html won’t take javascript. So I opened another tab first in my macro and then I could run the executeScript.

Now I’m calling a bash file from the macro to killall/restart Chrome+macro (to eliminate memory leaks / SIGIL chrome error), but I’m getting the #180 error as soon as the macro loads.

Another workaround I tried was opening ui.vision.html from a bash script into a currently open Chrome and I get [error] No tab with id: 72.. This happens before I can switch to another tab.

Now I’m also finding that when I open a new webpage as the first command from uivision.html it opens a new window with a new tab. I really don’t know how to predict the behaviour and wonder what I’m doing wrong.

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

Were you able to solve it? I’m having the same problem and I don’t know what to do anymore since the macros run on a pc without user interference lately more than half of the bots are broken with this error, could you help me by telling me how you solved it?

1 Like

HI,

for me it happens in hdd mode, when I delete the last failed macro and refresh the macro list the error disappears.

Does anyone know a solution to automate this?

I did find a solution. I suspect the main cause is I’m using a slow CPU and I want the script to run indefinitely. However I can still get it to run.

Try these things…

I do this every 5 hours or so (to counter memory leaks in Chrome/Ui.vision)

  1. close UI.Vision RDP
  2. Chrome > Manage extension (right click on UI icon) > disable, then enable
  3. open UI.Vision RDP
  4. refresh every tab; return to tab=0
  5. start macro
    (An alternative method is to set up a script to close and reopen of ui.vision after so many hours. This is discussed in other posts, but I haven’t implemented it yet due to my complicated setup).

I also do some or all of these things too…

  • turn off all windows and app notifications e.g. reminders to update. These interrupt the focus and can cause a #101 error
  • place a 500-3000ms pause after every tab change, refresh and waitforpagetoload.
  • don’t do any real user actions on any browser windows while the script is running. Even if there are no Xclick commands.

This will hopefully solve your problems.