Copyfish: Shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+[a-z,0-9] not working in Firefox

Hi,
I’m using firefox with Windows 10 and I am trying to open Copyfish with a built in
Shortcut like CTRL+SHIFT+[a-z,0-9]

Example:

Open Copyfish CTRL + SHIFT + 9
Desktop OCR CTRL + SHIFT + 8
Copy text CTRL + SHIFT + 7

but the shortcuts doesn’t work.
-What can I do?

The documentation says:

Browser keyboard shortcuts

The keyboard shortcuts work only after you activated the extension with a click on the extension icon. We know that this limits the usefulness of this feature, but this is a limitation of the browser extension API. We are working on adding a new feature that will then provide truly global shortcuts.

-Are there technical limitations from the browser side? Firefox add-ons like e.g. “Bookmark-search-plus 2”, “qr code” and “firefox screenshots” do have shortcuts as you can see in the screenshot below :wink:

A post was split to a new topic: Is ALT + KEY_UP supported?

For those on Chrome, not all hope is lost. I am only able to activate the keyboard shortcuts for CopyFish by adding them to the extension shortcut section in Chrome. Go to “Extensions” (the puzzle icon) → “Manage extensions” at the bottom of the page. → Open the three bars to the left → “Keyboard shortcuts”. Scroll down to find CopyFish and set a shortcut manually. Once complete exit tab & test it. It should work fine.

I believe Chrome does not allow keyboard shortcuts automatically added by extensions to prevent developers from manipulating certain user behaviors.

Hope this helps someone!