Xtype/sendkeys - KEY_CMD for MAC?

It’s Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109)

As you can see below, Chrome is authorized. It works with other commands except KEY_CMD and KEY_META. IE KEY_ENTER works or KEY_DOWN. This makes me thing it’s an issue with the version itself. Shouldn’t RealUser XModule show 1.0.12?

I have the same problem, same setup save mac version, same Xtype (latest) version, Chrome has permissions to control OS.

{KEY_CMD+KEY_R} doesn't work for me. DemoXtype fails too with [error] Failed to XType '{KEY_CMD+KEY_S}’ all other typing actions work absolutely fine (as does ${KEY_BKSP} ) it’s just any KEY_CMD instructions that fail.

Hmm… indeed that sounds like the XModule installer contains an older version. We will test this ASAP and then update the ticket.

The Linux and Mac install scripts contained indeed an outdated version of the RealUser XModule. This has now been fixed and a new installer V201902 is available. The current RealUser XModule version number is V1.0.12 - and this version supports the KEY_CMD key :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience while we fixed this issue.

Using V1.0.12 on MAC but KEY_CMD not working and the DemoXType not working correctly because of KEY_CMD

DemoXType and KEY_CMD work fine in my test on Mac. See this screencast:

Hello,
I have the same problem.
All Xtype like ${KEY_CMD+KEY_S} are not working on my mac.

Here is a video : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TjzDkqChr43-l8-mK7CbsUqxxVrrEztS

Thanks for you advice.

The screencast is useful.

1. I see you are using V4.2.5. Can you please try with V5.0.1? (but that should not make a difference).

2. What version of macOS is this?

Hello Ulrich,
Thanks for your answer.
I’m on 10.13.6 (17G7024). I just tried on v5.0.1 with your demo “DemoXType.json”. No difference on my side.

We currently think the issue is related to macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. But we need to test more to be sure. At least it works on all Mojave versions that we know.

Hello, I am on Mojave 10.14.5 with the XModules all installed and updated, and I am also having this problem.

We find there is an issue with KEY_CMD even if the XModules are installed correctly. We are working on it.

Any update on this? I need this asap, if you have a beta version you’d like to get tested let me know :slight_smile: thx!!

me too
The same problem, the same version
it can not work

hope to fixing it for Mojave 10.14.5

I’m also having this issue for Mac OS Catalina. Is there a work around for this? My current goal is to copy and paste info from a google sheets doc using xtype into a separate website one by one. Thank you!

I don’t use a mac, however, could you use this? (if I understand what you are wanting correctly):

{
  "Name": "Window",
  "CreationDate": "2019-12-5",
  "Commands": [
{
  "Command": "open",
  "Target": "https://forum.ui.vision/t/xtype-sendkeys-key-cmd-for-mac/1137/23",
  "Value": ""
},
{
  "Command": "selectWindow",
  "Target": "TAB=OPEN",
  "Value": "https://forum.ui.vision/t/issue-41-xclick-dual-monitor-support/1385"
},
{
  "Command": "echo",
  "Target": "Copy from Google Sheets",
},
{
  "Target": "tab=0",
},
{
  "Target": "Paste Into website",
},
{
  "Target": "tab=1",
},
{
  "Target": "Return to Google Sheets",
}
  ]
}

This sounds like what I’m doing. I’m also having this issue.

Current workaround I am using is Xclick to the edit menu in sheets using coordinates and Xtype KEY_C to copy, go to the other web page and select the element, then Xclick to the Mac edit menu and Xtype KEY_P and KEY_ENTER to paste.

Hope this is fixed soon!

Update: Please see XType for Mac KEY_CMD not working - #4 by admin

I will lock this post so we have only one to discuss this issue.

Finally the new XModule V2021-1 solves this issue. And it adds support for multiple modifier keys.