XType pasting with on a Mac adds an extra "V" to my text

Hello,

When I try to use XClick/XType to copy and paste into a text box, the macro adds an extra “v” to the text. (see video). I’m very new to this, so hopefully someone here can easily see what I am doing wrong.

Below is a sample of the code. I cannot share the full site because it is password protected. Attached is a video.

Respecfully,

Richard S.

{
  "Command": "click",
  "Target": "xpath=//*[@id=\"root\"]/div/div[3]/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div[1]/div/div/div/div[3]/div[10]/div[2]/div/div[4]/div/div[1]/div[1]/div/div[3]/div[3]/div[1]/label[2]/span[1]/input",
  "Value": ""
},
{
  "Command": "type",
  "Target": "xpath=//*[@id=\"root\"]/div/div[3]/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div[1]/div/div/div/div[3]/div[10]/div[2]/div/div[4]/div/div[1]/div[1]/div/div[3]/div[3]/div[1]/label[2]/span[1]/input",
  "Value": "Fail"
},
{
  "Command": "click",
  "Target": "xpath=//*[@id=\"root\"]/div/div[3]/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div[1]/div/div/div/div[3]/div[10]/div[2]/div/div[4]/div/div[1]/div[1]/div/div[3]/div[3]/div[2]/div/div[1]/div/div[2]/textarea",
},
{
  "Command": "type",
  "Target": "xpath=//*[@id=\"root\"]/div/div[3]/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div[1]/div/div/div/div[3]/div[10]/div[2]/div/div[4]/div/div[1]/div[1]/div/div[3]/div[3]/div[2]/div/div[1]/div/div[2]/textarea",
  "Value": "Missing required label for ungrounded systems per NEC 690.35 'WARNING ELECTRIC SHOCK HAZARD. THE DC CONDUCTORS OF THIS PHOTOVOLTAIC SYSTEM ARE UNGROUNDED AND MAY BE ENERGIZED'."
},
{
  "Command": "store",
  "Target": "copy and PASTE works!",
  "Value": "!clipboard"
},
{
  "Command": "XClick",
},
{
  "Command": "XType",
  "Target": "${KEY_CMD+KEY_V}",
},

There is a known issue with KEY_CMD on the Mac. The good news is that we are working on a fix for this, and it should be ready next week.

Sweet! Thanks. Great timing for me. :grinning:

Appreciate the quick reply.

Have you updated to 5.9.5?

Yes, I am on 5.9.5. Thanks

The new XModule V2021-1 solves this issue and adds support for multiple modifier keys.