XMove is not dragging the window like it should

Hello all.
Goal: Drag a window to the left using XMove (using Spotify window as a test)

Problem: The cursor moves to the correct beginning spot, brings the window into focus, and moves to the correct ending spot, but does not drag the window along with it.

Attempts to troubleshoot: I’ve watched this video and attempted to completely copy the lines in the video to do a simple test on my laptop.

Original lines:

I’ve also tried it this way with the same problem:

I’ve tried clicking the beginning spot with my mouse and dragging normally and it works, but the automation can’t do it. I’d love any help with this problem!

Does the Spotify window have the focus initially? If not, maybe at an

XClick | kxudgo_dpi_160.png

to the start of your sequence.

Yeap it does have the window focus. I’ve also tried adding this exact line anyway and it still won’t drag unfortunately

Is this on Mac, Windows or Linux? Can you add a short screen video that shows the situation?

Downloading and figuring out screen recording software will take a moment, but I’m using Windows 10

The only wiorking recorder software i find is camstudio portable i prefer do not use software need to install in machine, this work in portable version (pendrive), open in, install in a folder (or pendrive) and you open and use it.

All other software i tried do not work.

Sorry it seems that this software installs malware onto your computer. I’m sure the admins can help me without screen capture as this is a very simply explained problem

I do not understand why you say this fake news, there is no malware and it is a famous software that works well.

Before you tell lies and falsehoods you need to inquire.

I have been using it for many years and I do not find any malware in the PC.

Mine was just advice.

Camstudio looks ok to me, too. But here is more free screen recorder software. Personally I use Loom.

You explained the problem well. But the issue is, drag and drop works fine in my test. So something goes wrong on your PC, and I am not sure what.

Just to clarify: You tested with the Spotify window. Do you see the same issue with other software? Can you test with Notepad.exe? I just want to rule out that is a Spotify specific issue.

Okay it does work with Notepad thanks! Any idea why it might now work with a spotify window?

Also, a side problem that has been making this more frustrating: I have a standard 13" Dell laptop but my DPI has randomly changed to 160 from 96 and will not change back. I believe this might be why I am having a ton of trouble getting UI.Vision to recognize images, way more than I used to.

Can you post a screenshot of this spotify window?

• Is this with Firefox, Chrome or both?

• Did you maybe change the scaling in the Windows display settings?

It’s with Chrome on Windows 10.
Both relevant images below:

Also I didn’t change the scaling before it moved to 160. Once I realized that it did, I tried to move it lower but the lowest it could go was 107 dpi and it was honestly hard to see anything. I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled the extension and restarted my computer more times than I can count haha

I confirmed the issue, see the screen video below. At this point I assume that Spotify has some “anti-automation” code inside that prevents the RPA software to control the mouse.

Is Spotify the app that you want automate, or is it just a test case? If you want to automate Spotify, you could connect to your PC with an app like Anydesk, Teamviewer or RDP, and then run the RPA software on the “other” machine (the one where Spotify is not running). The RPA software then automates everything via the remote access. This is similar to how you can use UI Vision to automate apps on Android and iPhone.

{
  "Name": "move-spotify",
  "CreationDate": "2020-9-18",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "XClick",
      "Target": "spotify_dpi_96.png",
      "Value": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "comment",
      "Target": "XClick // notepad_dpi_96.png",
      "Value": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "store",
      "Target": "${!imagex}",
      "Value": "x"
    },
    {
      "Command": "store",
      "Target": "${!imagey}",
      "Value": "y"
    },
    {
      "Command": "XMove",
      "Target": "${x},${y}",
      "Value": "#down"
    },
    {
      "Command": "executeScript_Sandbox",
      "Target": "return Number (${y}) -50",
      "Value": "y"
    },
    {
      "Value": "#move"
    },
    {
      "Value": "#up"
    }
  ]
}

Thanks this is really interesting!

Dear @admin, I have a very similar issue and I am using MacOS Mojave. I’m unable to xmove anything on the desktop like shortcut icon or a folder (The cursor moves to the correct beginning spot, brings the window into focus, and moves to the correct ending spot, but does not drag the window along with it.) However, xclick works fine without any issue. I have also allowed kantu-xy-host to control my computer. Could you assist please? Thanks!

@tinlun Can you add a screen video of your macro running? Did you add the xmove#down and xmove… #up attributes?