I am using XClickRelative to click a reply button. I think the type of pop up I’m trying to launch is what you’d call a “modal window” or “light box”, just meaning it’s the modern overlay style of popup instead of the ancient style popups that launch a separate browser window.
As I step through the macro, I can see that the element is successfully found because of the red box displayed by UI Vision. When I click it manually the UI displays a text field to type my reply, however XClickRelative does not make that field appear.
I tried clicking it manually and selecting the text region in the next step within the macro, to see if the macro could proceed even though it did not appear to work it the previous step. It couldn’t proceed.
I just downloaded and purchased the (Pro) product today, so it should be the most recent version. Currently I’m using Edge just because it seems like that’s UI Vision’s preferred browser. I’m happy to switch to FireFox if that’s a solution. I’d rather not use Chrome but I will if I must.
I have also tried:
- selectFrame (or whatever the command like that is called)
- Yelling at it
- hitting the computer with my shoe
Update: As of today I have also emailed support with the specific details of the site I’m working with. Please feel free to reply here and/or by email. Thank you.
Further update: I once got it to work with the recorder using “click” but it only worked once. The same macro never worked again. I guess the hard-coded x-path values aren’t really static even on a refresh of the same exact page. At this point XClickRelative is no longer always able to even find the reply button.