XClick does not work when remote machine is not locked but if it is minimized or not present on computer screen

Hi Team,

I have test cases which uses XClick to click on map. I followed below steps.

• Launching Test case from my local machine on VM.
  • VM is unlocked already but not present on main screen and its GUI is minimized.
  • Test cases are breaking and not able to perform XClick.

do we need to create any turnaround by which we can perform XClick on VM which is unlocked but not present on main screen.

Hi

I use Kantu and Xclick in VM (Virtualbox) without ant problem, you can leave the windows of VM not minimized and open over it the new windows and Kantu working like a charms.

Xclick require focus if you lost the focus do not work.

Test cases are breaking and not able to perform XClick.

This sounds strange. As @newuserkantu mentioned, Kantu runs inside a virtual machine without problems. But important: Make sure that the screen of the VM is not locked and the screen saver is not turned on. XClick can not control the mouse if the desktop is locked (no software can do this, since then the desktop is no longer active).

For more details see the table at How-to: Windows Task Scheduler, Automate RPA tasks and the “Autologin” tip in the paragraph below.

Thanks Admin. In my case Desktop is unlocked and and user is logged in for VM. However screen is minimized for VM but still it is not able to perform XClick as Mouse is also enabled in my case. As you have reported this is an issue, please let us know once this issue gets resolved. Many Thanks in advance.

You must let full screen NOT minimized in virtual machine.

In your macro add this command bringbrowsertoforeground to move in front the browser windows

https://ui.vision/kantu/docs/selenium-ide/bringbrowsertoforeground

For xclick/xtype the windows browser must be always in front and with focus active otherswise do not work.

I have already added this command to take browser on front once application is launched on chrome.

However my issue is

• My VM is created on cloud and tests are not running on my screen. It automatically unlock the VM and starts the execution. does Kantu supports XClick in this scenario ?

@admin Please provide your views on this ?

Also if Kantu does not support XClick when test cases are running on cloud VM which is unlocked and browser on front… then how to integrate Kantu Visual UI Test cases in CI\CD Pipeline ?

It automatically unlock the VM and starts the execution. does Kantu supports XClick in this scenario ?

Yes!

Also if Kantu does not support XClick when test cases are running on cloud VM which is unlocked and browser on front…

Well, Kantu does support XClick in an unlocked VM.

The question is why it does not work on your machine.

So everything works while you are watching it, and fails when you leave it unattended? Maybe there is a screensaver that kicks in after a while?

For example, I often run Kantu macros in a VBOX, and then move the VBOX to the side of my desktop, so I can work on something else. And all XClicks macro run just fine in this case.

vbox

@admin

So everything works while you are watching it, and fails when you leave it unattended?
– Yes this is what happening with my test cases when am running on VM.

Maybe there is a screensaver that kicks in after a while? - No Screen saver as such working there.

For example, I often run Kantu macros in a VBOX, and then move the VBOX to the side of my desktop, so I can work on something else. And all XClicks macro run just fine in this case.
– Yes Test cases are running in VBOX only and if VBox is closed or minimized then all the remaining test cases are getting failed

1 Like

@admin is there any update on this issue ?

We can not recreate the issue and it seems to work fine for everyone else. So something specific is going wrong on your system.

If you have an Enterprise license please contact us directly. We can then arrange a remote support session where our developers directly look at the problem.

Is there a tutorial that explains how to implement kantu on virtualbox? I am just starting and this was the closest thread i could find

There is not a tutorial, it’s the same of regular OS, no difference.

Create a virtualbox virtual machine with windows 7 and install firefox or chrome and install kantu and xmodules.

It’s very simple.

Ok, what code do you use to connect to it. Im sorry I am new to virtual box
Maybe we can discuss over email or phone? my email is piterat@gmail.com.
We are trying to achieve the same thing i believe, it would be great to work together or at the very least if you could help me

I do not minimize the virtualbox desktop i leave it in backgroud and above I open the new software.

Xclick working simulating keyboard and mouse and need to have a desktop and do not use mouse and keyboard.

So to understand clearly… do I need to always remain remotely logged in into my test server for Kantu tests to pass?

I’m facing this problem too. My Kantu tests use XClick. They work perfectly fine when I’m remotely logged in to the test server - but fail at the XClick step when I disconnect from the test server.

Yes … i did the same finally

i have the same problem with chrome and my mac.
i open chrome remote desctop and the XClick is without any function.

i am logged in in my VPS and have no screen saver.

1 Like

Exact same issue here. Browser is in the front, no screen saver or screen lock, and xclick isn’t executed if I’m not at the laptop watching the VPS.

Any info here?

1 Like

Hey, did you resolve it perhaps? I’m having the exact same issue

1 Like