Windows 10 typing data error

Hello

I am using the UI Vision extension for chrome on Windows 7 system without encountering any serious issues, but when testing the extension on windows 10 using same Windows 7 code and parameters some commands has failed when locking session or changing user, but if the screen keeps active the code works normally. The entire problem is in “TYPE” command. According to my tests; the command is every time failing to type login data, for example Hotmail or Gmail account username or password or both.

Is it the TYPE or the XTYPE command?

Do you have a small test macro?

It is the TYPE command.
Here is a test:

{
  "Name": "test",
  "CreationDate": "2021-9-28",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "store",
      "Target": "true",
      "Value": "!Errorignore",
      "Description": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "open",
      "Target": "https://login.live.com/login.srf",
      "Value": "",
    },
    {
      "Command": "pause",
      "Target": "1500",
    },
    {
      "Command": "type",
      "Target": "/html/body/div/form[1]/div/div/div[2]/div[1]/div/div/div/div/div[1]/div[3]/div/div/div/div[2]/div[2]/div/input[1]",
      "Value": "**youraccount@hotmail.com**",
    },
    {
      "Target": "1000",
    },
    {
      "Command": "click",
      "Target": "/html/body/div/form[1]/div/div/div[2]/div[1]/div/div/div/div/div[1]/div[3]/div/div/div/div[4]/div/div/div/div/input",
    },
    {
    },
    {
      "Command": "type",
      "Target": "/html/body/div/form[1]/div/div/div[2]/div[1]/div/div/div/div/div/div[3]/div/div[2]/div/div[2]/div/div[2]/input",
      "Value": "**yourpassword**",
    },
    {
    },
    {
      "Target": "/html/body/div/form[1]/div/div/div[2]/div[1]/div/div/div/div/div/div[3]/div/div[2]/div/div[3]/div[2]/div/div/div/div/input",
    },
    {
      "Target": "3000",
    },
    {
      "Target": "/html/body/div/form/div/div/div[2]/div[1]/div/div/div/div/div/div[3]/div/div[2]/div/div[3]/div[2]/div/div/div[2]/input",
    },
    {
      "Target": "10000",
    }
  ]
}

The macro fails when locking the session
UI Vision RPA 6.2.8

It works fine for me. Did you also try with Firefox? (Firefox is still V6.2.6)

Here is what I see in Chrome after I unlock the screen. The user name has been filled in:

The test was done successfully using Firefox, but same error keeps in Chrome, it fails when hiding tab or minimizing.
Please try this real account: logtest1@hotmail.com:logtest9

I confirmed the error. The login fails if Chrome is minimized. I think the culprit is the hotmail website itself. It probably uses Javascript to check if the browser is in front (for security and to prevent automation?).

As workaround I tried disabling Javascript (Chrome://settings/content/javascript) but then the Hotmail login does not work at all.

If you still want to use Chrome, I recommend to run the automation in a small Linux virtual machine that remains unlocked. The VM itself can be minimized then, and/or the host PC screen can be locked.

1 Like

I tested with iMacros, but iMacros already fails with the automation itself (signin button not found error).

Then I tried with the Selenium IDE, and here it is the same issue as UI.Vision: The login fails when the browser is minimized during run. So it must be a Chrome/website problem: