Where does Kantu save files?

The rule is: Everything is saved to the download folder :slight_smile:

File downloads, page downloads, saved log files and data saved with localStorageExport is the Chrome download folder. This is the only folder where Kantu is allowed to write. The same is true for Kantu for Firefox.

The only exception from this rule are files that are saved with the FileAccess XModule if it is installed. Currently these are CSV files saved with CSVSave and desktop screenshots saved with captureDesktopScreenshot. Please check the documentation of these commands for more details.

download

Has the location changed? I can’t find my backup zip files.

They are always stored in the browser download location. Maybe you changed this location?

(Sorry, didn’t get notified of your response.)

I can’t remember changing it but maybe I did; how do I change it?

See here: LocalStorageExport default storage location - #2 by admin

Thanks for responding and apologies for late reply (not receiving notifications for some reason lately).

Thanks for the link, however I can confirm that the location set in my Kantu preferences (FileAccess XModule) is not being used to backup files:

C:\Users\*******\Documents\Kantu

The Downloads folder is still the default location set in Chrome.

I’m not even sure backups are being generated now, even when I manually click the button to do so.

Your backup will NOT go to C:\Users\*******\Documents\Kantu but will go to the downloads folder

That’s my issue - it’s not.

Can you help, @admin?

Can you provide more information? Such as if you do a web download does it go to the downloads folder or somewhere else?
Have you searched that filename on you computer? Have you tried the download macro demo? Does it produce errors? Etc

Thank you, @User9898.

I just tried the DemoDownload macro and yes, it went into the Downloads folder. Odd.

2nd plea to @Admin. :man_technologist:

Nothing at all? :pray:

I just tried the DemoDownload macro and yes, it went into the Downloads folder. Odd.

What exactly is the problem? It sounded as everything works fine.

That was just a test User9898 asked me to perform. Downloaded files drop into the Downloads folder but back-up files are not, either manually or when prompted weekly.

Are there other locations they could be saved or any other clue you can offer please?

The backup should show up in the same place (browser download location). See here:

No, that’s not happening - nothing’s happening.