Want to run macro in new window

I have a macro I want to run as follows:
Open new tab, go to URL, run the rest of the macro in that new tab.

My problem is if I have chrome open already, the macro will open a new window, go to the url, but then continue the rest of the macro in another tab that was in focus prior to running the macro.

How do I solve this? Please

Can you please post a short test macro? Then I can run it. You can simply post the macro JSON code here (from the source code tab).

The first thing you have to do is open up a window or tab and navigate someplace. If I just open a blank tab usually the macro wont run or it will swap to another tab you last used. then you can try this out and see if you get the same problem I get. Sometimes it will open a new tab at the listed url but then switch back to the first tab and the new tab will be in the background where the macro would fail because the contents of that tab cant be read.

Im not sure if Im using the commands correctly, I want the new tab to be in the foreground so the rest of the macro can work.

this test macro is just clicking on 2 random buttons on youtube
{
“Name”: “test”,
“CreationDate”: “2023-8-17”,
“Commands”: [
{
“Command”: “bringBrowserToForeground”,
“Target”: “”,
“Value”: “”,
“Description”: “”
},
{
“Command”: “openBrowser”,
“Target”: “http://www.youtube.com”,
},
{
“Command”: “XClick”,
“Target”: “mat1uh_dpi_96.png”,
},
{
“Command”: “XClick”,
“Target”: “ycxjnf_dpi_96.png”,
}
]
}

What command is OpenBrowser ?

In my ui vision command list I see Open

its supposed to open a new browser window. maybe yours is out of date if its not showing up

1 Like

Openbrowser it’s a new command that in ui vision for firefox is not yet available, thanks for the information