visionLimitSearchArea strange behavior

Hi everyone,

Is it possible that the visionLimitSearchArea coordinates are dependent on the screen DPI? Because the coordinates are all over the place. In one of the macros I have a box that’s 800,300,850,350, so it’s a somewhat smaller box roughly in the middle of the screen. And in the second macro, I need this box moved lower by 50 pixels. So I write 800,350,850,400. But suddenly this moves the box way out there. And I need to use numbers like 400,100,800,300 to get it at least roughly below the first box.

So I really have no idea what’s going on and the only thing that comes to my mind is my screen’s DPI which is set to 150% magnification in Windows (the screenshots have 144dpi in their name).

Or is it possible the coordinates are relative to something instead of being absolute numbers in pixels on screen?

Did anyone experience similar behavior?

By the way, I don’t really want to use the Relative variant of this command because I want to speed up the macro and visual searches are quite time expensive…

I found that the magnification/zoom level of the browser affects the VLSA and the dpi of the png files. Are both hosts set up the same?

It’s on the same host. Just different macros.

Anyways, I seem to have sorted it out. Making the box larger fixed the weird coordinate issues.

1 Like