VBScript has been deprecated by Microsoft

OK, I used VBS with iMacros for years. After iMacros was retired, I switched to UI.Vision RPA, still using VBS and MS Access for the heart of the application with UI.Vision being the part that navigated the web and grabbed the stuff I need. I use a core VBS of about 2500 lines, and about 8 other scripts that use the core script and adds specific functionality. Basically, I trade stocks using VBS, MS access, and UI.Vision. Now that VBS will be removed, I am looking for a suitable solution. Any suggestions?

I recommend Powershell. It takes a while to get used to, but is the de-facto standard for scripting on Windows.

The good news is that you can use OpenAI’s ChatGPT or Google’s Gemini to convert your VBS scripts to Powershell :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for replying. I have about 15 VBScripts. 1 VBScript is the core for the other 14 VBScripts. The core script is 2561 lines of code (including comments). The longest script is 6834 lines (of which 2561 is that core script). So basically, a lot of code. The UI.Vision RPA is used to login and scrape a website (get data I need, and make stock trades). It is using Microsoft Access database to get and save data to make decisions. I use VBSEdit for all my editing. So if Powershell is the answer, what tool like VBSEdit do you recomend? I have been playing with JavaScript (NodeJS) and that has not been as fun as I would have hoped for. Thanks again.

—Monte—