Use JSON format as input file instead of CSV

Is there any way I can use a JSON file (or any file for that matter) as an input file instead of CSV format?

I need to run something in JavaScript and the most efficient way to do this is by using a JSON file.
Any inputs are appreciated. Thank you!

(Can’t reply to the previous thread so I created another one.)

I think you can store online a json file after you can extract interested data and use it like a csv.

Steps:

1. Create a json file will all data to use and put it online (I think you can use it on locally too)
  2. storetext and save the variables extracted from your json
  3. use into the sites the variables saved in step 2

In this mode you do not use a csv but you have a base data similar a csv.

Thank you for your input! @newuserkantu Tony!

Confused on how I would do # 2 though.

For example I have this JSON:

"sample": {
    "user": {
      "first_name": "UI",
      "middle_name": "",
      "last_name": "Vision"
   }
}

How would I do # 2?

Save it in a page and open it with browser after you can extract your prefered data in variable to use it.

You can create a simple html page with inside this json, open it with browser (in locally works too) with ui vision extract data with storetext and save it after you can paste in every site you want.

Sometimes i extract from some sites that provide json is the same thing to extract data to tables or sites.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll give it a try.

How do you actually use the JSON data to fill fields though. storeText seems to just store the JSON as a string. Is there a way to parse the JSON to get the required data within UI.Vision?