UI.Vision keeps crashing since update

What was the last version working fine?

I am guessing it was V5.3.7 which was working fine

The same issue for me, Windows 10 Chrome, upgraded to 5.3.10 a few days ago, crashes after some time running a loop (an hour to few hours). Previous version was 5.2 I believe (called Kantu).

Chrome itself has updated also. Periodically check the Chrome task manager and watch the memory footprint and CPU on everything to try to narrow it down

Hi, downgraded plugin to 5.2.3 and no issue since then so seems to be more the new plugin version issue.

We confirmed the problem, and are investigating it. Of course, this will be fixed ASAP.

One workaround (and a good method in any case) is to start each macro with the command line api to run a macro non-stop.

The other workaround is to downgrade UI.Vision RPA to V5.2.3, just as @Michal_Ropka reported.

1 Like

Update: On one of two datascrapping windows that I have continuously running, Kantu hasn’t crashed in over 12 hours. The only difference is that I added a command “gotoif”, so that if the previous command is an error it goes to the end of the loop and starts again. For me that’s fine as if one command is an error it means that the rest of the following commands are useless.

I am now testing out another loop, which did shutdown, and just adding the gotoif command. This loop does not really have any errors usually, so the command is a bit useless, but that will help test out if adding gotoif is a good work around.

If it works I’ll keep you informed. But at the very least it’s worth a try.

Let me know once there is a new update, I can test it with my scripts.

same problem with me when using latest version, so i downgrade to version 5.2.3.
my kantu running on windows 2012 r2.

Same issue on 5.3.10 crashing frequently after around 2 hours :frowning:
Please fix the issue…
thanx

Same here. After 10-20 minutes crashing and kantu page becomes total white with message “something went wrong” and a blue button to reload page of Kantu.
Also command VerifyElementPresent not work (or Gotoif command not work).When found that element is missing , it should execute a command Gotoif but finally is not executed and then log says “time out waiting for element” .But element is normal to not appear on page so kantu should execute command Gotoif but is not executing.
They are 2 separated problems.

Issue found and fixed. Here is an internal test release for Firefox (V5.3.14):

http://download.ui.vision/tmp/u14.xpi

Please test it and let me know if you still see any problems.

Hi i tried Firefox (V5.3.11) and Firefox (V5.3.14) and have a new bug read here

Any results of testing on Firefox ? Please is it possible to have the test for Chrome ?

Yes, i found another bug in command line folder=XXX option do not work and testsuite can not start via command line

@admin please fix this bew bug in virtual machine there is not free space to recorder a video but this is a new bug.

Application is not crashing on your browser ? Here is crashing always on Chrome after around 20 minutes. Can not work at all.Always showing message “something went wrong” and Kantu becomes a white empty page with a blue button which say “reload” .

Application is totally destroyed after the last update.It works only for 10 minutes.Every time crashing with different error.
One time is crashing with error “something went wrong” and Kantu becomes a white page.
The next time appears an error something about…“heartbeat”.
The next time appears error “No page load after 40 seconds Error : Still same ipc secret”.(the page is loaded correct but Kantu can not see it).
The next time Kantu can not see the element on page…
I have seen more than 6-7 different errors which appears after 10 minutes of work.
This happen in 3 different computers.
Is it possible to downgrade to previous version ?This version is completely damaged.

Laetst version is not “totally destroyed”, have some bugs but other bugs was resolved with this latest update.

I’m using the latest version of ui vision and works, there are some bugs but i reported it to the admin to fix.

How many hours you can use this version without stop ? Usually on me crashing on around 20 minutes.My best record is 53 minutes use without stop with error :smiley: .Then appears one of the errors on my post.

@Panos Are you using the new V5.3.14? I think not! In our tests the memory leak issue is completely fixed. (The memory leak was caused by a new Node.js component that we introduced with the December update.)