Tab not found and connection lost 'Error #101: Kantu is not connected to a browser tab '

Hi,

I constantly getting this error: ’ Error #101: Kantu is not connected to a browser tab ’

It has nothing to do if the actual browser or website is open or not, because this error pops up randomly, even if theres a browser open of the website i need for the job and there is only one browser open. I even opened only one browsertab with only the website i needed. Kantu can work for a couple of minutes without a problem, and the other time it displays this error while its the exact same script. I get this error almost every day and several times a day now to the point that i cant work with it anymore because it shuts down every 30 seconds. Sometimes it is accompanied with another error that says that i have no connection while my Wifi connection is stable all the time…

So, has anyone a solution for this or is familiar with it?

Thanks,

Kevin

There is not any solution for this bug.

i search solution from 1 years without any success, I reported many times this error in forum but never solved.

In my opinion this is a random bug and there is in all kantu version from long time.

I think this is an original selenium bug because the same error is in Kalalon recorder (a Kantu aternative).

How exactly are you starting your macro?

This has no relevance with this bug that happens randomly, already 1 year ago I had reported this problem and continues to be there in all versions si Kantu only occurs randomly-

To decrease the chances that this error occurs, start your macros always from a web page already loaded (like google com or another site) and not from an internal browser page, so start the macros with the open command and from a tab already open with a site loadeded, it doesn’t fix the problem permanently but it will appear much less times.

At least on Chrome, by design many extensions do not work in a new tab page unless a site is already loaded.
I also noticed that when starting from a command line if I started from a batch file sometimes Chrome is backgrounded even though I had “bringBrowserToForeground” as the first step. When I switched to starting from PowerShell I never had this issue.

Hello yours are great advice but this problem randomly sometimes also appears by manually starting macros with Kantu window so it does not depend on the powershell or batch file. When it happens just open the Kantu window, select a macro, select a command and click “info for this command” this open a new tab in the browser and the problem will be solved because Kantu will check the browser again.

A totally solution to solve i do not find.

kantunotconnected

Okay, thanks for all the comments. The general reaction is that is a bug that is there for at least one year and that there is not much to do about it. Has it maybe something to do that when you activate a macro, you should bring the browsertab to the forefront, in other words, you cant use the computer for other tasks? Because it looks like this recudes the amount of times the error occurs.

@newuserkantu, how do i implement your solution in a code?

This is a whole rule of the macro, this script creates a category a website:

{
“Name”: “started”,
“CreationDate”: “2019-11-14”,
“Commands”: [
{
“Command”: “open”,
“Target”: “https://app.luondo.nl/account/products/categories”,
“Value”: " "
},
{
“Command”: “clickAndWait”,
“Target”: “link=Opzetzwembaden”,
“Value”: " "
},
{
“Command”: “click”,
“Target”: “xpath=//[@id=“lmtabs_myTab_1”]/div[1]/div/div[2]/div/button/span[1]",
“Value”: " "
},
{
“Command”: “click”,
“Target”: “link=Speelgoed”,
“Value”: " "
},
{
“Command”: “click”,
“Target”: "xpath=//
[@id=“save-button-container”]/button”,
“Value”: " "
},

If you always start the macro from a tab with a website already loaded it is rarer for this bug to occur.
I start macros via batch files and randomly and rarely this flaw occurs in fact every 10 minutes I close and reopen the browser to prevent this problem.

Your macro code is correct and should work well.

Okay, thanks for the feedback!