Store Command Function not working with Clipboard on Version 7.07

Hi Admin,

I keep facing the problem of document not defined in the version 7 when I used the following function:
{
“Command”: “store”,
“Target”: “White@#*”,
“Value”: “${!clipboard}”,
“Description”: “”

How can I solve this? Thanks.

In the value field you shouldn’t put the variable tags ${} around the text, just the name i.e. “clipboard” you only use the variable tags when you call the variable in other feilds.

Hi Luke,

Thank yo so much for the reply. I actually copied the wrong command. I meant to type the following:

{
“Command”: “store”,
“Target”: “White@#*”,
“Value”: “!clipboard”,

Without the special characters that you highlighted.

Also this error only happens after updating it to Version 7.07, the older vision works with value=!clipboard.

Wondering how to solve this. I tried inserting the value to ony “clipboard” without the “!”, but it doesn’t work.

I’ve only just gotten back into using UI Vision recently, so this is only a guess, but I just had an issue with a feature not working like I remember it used to, so it might be related. What mode do you have UI in, Browser or Desktop? If it’s in Browser try switching to desktop with XDesktopAutomation | true/false

Hopefully that helps.

{
“Command”: “XDesktopAutomation”,
“Target”: “true”,
“Value”: “”,
},
{
“Command”: “XDesktopAutomation”,
“Target”: “false”,
“Value”: “”,
},

Yes, same here this error only happens to v7.0.7.

1 Like

I have it working in Desktop Automation mode because I use a lot of Xclick functions in conjunction to browser’s command. But of course, to no avail.

I was facing a larger problem where UI Vision App extension keeps crashing (in chrome), saw that by updating to the newest version will solve that, but of course comes with a new problem.

Anyways, thank you so much Luke being so helpful man! Many blessings to you my friend.

1 Like

Thank you, you’re welcome sorry I couldn’t help more, just as an extra thought have you considered a work around solution? Obviously not ideal, but might be a way of combining other actions to achieve the same result. I don’t know what you’re copying to the clipboard, But say if it was text in a file, could you possible load it into a CSV and extract it that way, or if it’s images could you screen shot, or load their file paths as text and transfer those somehow? Or perhaps combining it with a secondary macro to handle that part?

The macro in bluestacks is really simple to combine with ui vision and that is probably capable of playing a clipboard role somehow.

1 Like