Sorry... where's the documentation?

Don’t hate me for asking this. I literally “discovered” UI.Vision RPA like an hour ago. I must be missing something. I open up a demo (in this case DemoExtract) and I find some random part to try to figure out what’s going on. In this case, I see:

Command: storeText
Target: //*[@id=“content”]/div[2]/div/h2[3]
Value: myheader

Now I try to break that down a bit. I look at the source code for the example page, and I sort of get that it is looking for a DIV with id “Content” and below that is a h2 tag, and it grabs the text in that tag.

But what I don’t get is the format of “Target”. So I try to find the documentation, and I get to this “docs” page: storeText - Selenium IDE Commands Tutorial

Other than repeating the exact same demo… it tells me nothing! What are the [2] and [3] indicating? What’s the syntax here?

I don’t specifically want an answer to that question, but rather the one in the title… where’s the REAL documentation that allows someone to learn how this works?

Thank you.

Ha… ok… well… I did try to find it on my own before posting (honestly). Of course, 1 minute after posting I start to get somewhere. Duh… :Support → RPA Docs. There’s an index, and now I’m reading.

Thanks. Nothing to see here :slight_smile: