Shortcut (fast way) to start, pause, resume, stop current macro in execution

Hi @admin
I suggest adding a quick solution to start, pause, resume and stop a macro (current macro) avoiding it being mandatory every time to reopen the ui vision gui window and manually click the buttons.
During desktop automation it is inconvenient to reopen the ui vision window to click the play, pause, resume, stop buttons, a quick solution would be much easier to avoid reopening the ui vision window each time to click the buttons, thanks

2 Likes

Ok, I agree. => We added it to our todo list.

3 Likes

Many thanks for feature

Related feature request: I would like to be able to step through a script starting at any step in the script. I want to click on a step/command and press step for it to start from there and continue on with each subsequent step button click. Currently, when I press on the step button, it always starts from the beginning of the script. It’s not helpful if you have a long script. I know some things probably need to always start from the beginning for setting variables that may need to be set etc., however, there are steps that should be able to run from any point in the script. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello,

One possible workaround:

1. On each loop read csv file that contains certain value.
  2. Create powershell script that will change this value in csv file.
  3. Assign a shortcut to lnk file that runs the powershell script.

I use 2 lnk files. Each contains powershell script. One changes text in csv file to “STOP” and the other changes it to “RUN”. STOP lnk file shortcut is CTRL+ALT+S and RUN file is CTRL+ALT+M.

When loop starts you store !csvRealLineNumber to read the value from your stop_run.csv, if the value is STOP then you can GOTO label STOP and there you just use pause | 0. Before resuming the macro you have to hit Ctrl+Alt+M, otherwise your macro will pause on next loop again.

You can use variable globalRow to store row of the actual input file (if you use one) and then store it again as !csvReadLineNumber. This way even if macro fails you can start it from the last used row.

Hope this helps.