Selectwindows|tab=open| opens 2 tabs

When i use this command(tab=open),its open 2 tabs please give me an example to get rid of this

This is a random bug, in this case delete cookie and cache, close rpa windows and close browser and restart again browser and ui vision.

it’s a random bug that rarely occurs i don’t know why.

I have a similar error that appears related to an xpath locator problem + warning

Close and reopen the browser and the bug will be solved

This is all good as a response, the problem is that this is recurring whenever I run my macro which has to pull the names of contacts for about 1000 people, and so it will run fine for a while, and then this occurs 60% of the way in and everything goes wrong from there. so, unfortunately, this solution might work for small quick macros, but not for ones that can run over a couple of hours

I agree. I’m doing large data scraping of 1000s of records and this happens all the time. If I clear and close the browser it’ll stop for a little while, but 5-10 minutes into my new run and it starts up again. It is quite repeatable and not just random.

Add a screencast and @admin can fix it.
With firefox it rarely happens to me but after closing and reopening the browser it resolves.
If you know how to recreate the bug add videos here in the forum, thanks

This happens to me a lot of macOS and chrome as well. No idea how to fix it. It causes me huge problems when I run large datasets because it is unreliable. I have no choice but to delete all cookies/cache, quit browser and restart

Add a video with this bug and @admin can fix this bug, thanks

it happens randomly so hard for me to get a recording of it, I don’t have exact reproduction steps

This bug has been present in ui vision for some years and is difficult to solve because it seems to be random and therefore difficult to solve without understanding the cause that determines it

1 Like

In the latest version we added two new internal variables for the tab handling:

• absolute tab index ${!current_tab_number} and the
  • relative tab index ${!current_tab_number_relative}.

Relative means relative to the macro start tab. Example: The relative index of the start tab is 0, the index of the first tab to its right is 1 and the index of the tab to its left (if any) is -1. This is the same value as used by the tab switching command.

=> Can you please add an ECHO to your command, and let me know that the values are if that happens again? Also - as a workaround - these vars can help you to check if you are on the right tab and/or close the double tab.