Select Frame works only the first time

I am trying to check some contents within an iFrame in my macro but it works only the first time.
The iFrame is identified with an id.

When getting up to the relative top and then make another iFrame request, it fails. What’s odd is that at that time there is no way to identify with the “Select” button aside the Xpath any element within that frame.

The code is very simple:

{
      "Command": "selectFrame",
      "Target": "xpath=//iframe[@id='inline-preview']",
      "Value": "",
      "Description": "Seleziona il frame di Preview dell'email"
    },
    {
      "Command": "assertElementPresent",
      "Target": "xpath=//table[contains(@role,'presentation')][contains(@style,'background:#000000')]",
      "Description": "Afferma che il background della preview è stato modificato in nero"
    },
    {
      "Target": "relative=top",
      "Description": "Esce dall'iframe di preview"
    },

It works only the first time, then nothing.

This is happening only after the update the ui.vision to the last Chrome extension 9.2.0, with the previous versions it was’t happening. My computer is a Mac Book Pro 2018 with Sonoma installed in it.

Can you please help? There is no advantage in a test that can’t have more than one SelectFrame in it.

Thank you.

Strange. We did not make any changes in or near the frame selection code. For example the “DemoFrames” macro that ships with Ui.Vision has many frame commands and still works fine.

What does “fail” mean? Do you get an error message?

Do you have a test macro for us?

The macro I use is too long and make a lot of things before getting to the SelectFrame.
The issue is in the three steps I reported before.

The error is that ui.vision can’t see anything more within the frame, so if I look for something, the marco stops telling that the Xpath was not found.

As a test, can you try the same macro in Ui.Vision for Firefox or Ui.Vision for Edge? Both versions have not been upgraded to V9.2.0 yet. Does it still work there?

I ask because maybe a change in the website is the reason for the issue?

I tried Ui.Vision for Firefox and the result was the very same, the only way to make it work is to revert to a previous version (8.9.3 if I remember well), but if I revert, there is no more the possibility of having the Xclick, so it’s not a solution for me.

We would really need a test case to that we can debug this further. With a test case, such an issue can usually be solved quickly. Without a test macro we would be groping in the dark.

I am willing to share the case test, but the website I am testing is in a LAN and I can’t let people access it, how can I let you have it?

I shared before these three lines of code:

{
      "Target": "xpath=//iframe[@id='inline-preview']",
      "Description": "Select the Preview frame"
    },
    {
      "Command": "assertElementPresent",
      "Target": "xpath=//table[contains(@role,'presentation')][contains(@style,'background:#000000')]",
      "Description": "Assert the preview background has been modified"
    },
    {
      "Target": "relative=top",
      "Description": "Get out the preview iframe"
    },

Wouldn’t it be enough?

Best,

Matteo