Seeking help on autoamating PDF downloads from webpage

Hi UI.Vision community,

I’m a newbie without any software background, using this tool. A little bit of context, I’m a transportation program manager for a non-profit that provides free transit passes to low-income service workers. The transit provider provides trip data in a PDF document which is searchable via a 10-digit Serial Number on the website. Imagine 100s of such documents that have to be downloaded one by one. What we would like to do is automate this workflow in order to retrieve this data in a compiled manner in Google Sheet, followed by some kind of analysis.

Question: Does anyone on this group have any idea of the scripts that can be used? I’m also open to a 1:1 collaboration to build this workflow.

Thanks so much in advance!
Kruti Ladani
kruti@paloaltotma.org

Can you record the work flow as screen video and post it here? In general, this tasks can be automated well with UI Vision, even the free version!

Imagine 100s of such documents that have to be downloaded one by one.

Downloading documents can be automated very easily with for UI Vision!

… a compiled manner in Google Sheet, followed by some kind of analysis.

What is in the google sheet? Just a list of all downloaded files? That would be easy, too.

Hi Matt,

Thanks so much for your response! Being a nonprofit, it’s great that I can work with the free tool!

I can’t record the entire workflow due to PII data. I’ve broken the process down to steps until the point where there is no PII.

Steps:

1. Login to clippercard.com.
  2. Look up the 10-digit number for which the record needs to be found. For automation, there will be 100s of such 10-digit number. A list of these records can be easily provided in a csv or a google sheet as required.
  3. The webpage has 100s of such data records (see screenshot below) in an accordion format.

I’ve captured the next steps in this screen recording: RideActivity Workflow

After the PDF (last screen of the recording) is downloaded, I’m uploading them to a Gdrive folder and then using the DocParser tool for data scraping. I have not yet found a way to automate the manual uploading process. Is this something Kantu can do?

Thanks for all your help! It’s deeply appreciated!
Kruti