Script obfuscation/encryption

So I had a project that I wanted to use in a group of mine, however I would need some way to either obfuscate or encrypt (preferable) the script so that it isn’t abused by changing variables in it.

Alternatively, is there some way I can run the scripting portion on a remote server and use the extension just as a client?

There is not a any solution to do this is more easy to see and copy the macro code.

All solution do not work, the macro code will be visible

No solution that runs on the client side can be made secure. That is true for any software, not only UIvision.

But maybe look at Demo Embed RPA software scripts into a website - the macro code is still visible, but at least you do not need to send the macro code to your users directly. So it is “a little bit” secure and very convenient for the users.

I can run the scripting portion on a remote server and use the extension just as a client?

Well, you can run everything on the server by using the RPA command line. But then everything happens on the server. I think that is not what you want.

Yeah I’d like to utilize the client to at least route through so that my server IP isn’t used for every connection. Hmm…I may just need to do this with node.js and build out a web-based front end for this, as much as I dont want to do all that.

I seem to notice that the “runweb” command saves a copy of the macro to the pc in which it runs so it will remain visible and modify all the macro code.

Can you test this please ?

Thanks