I’m automating my macros from a command line and I’m saving the log file to determine whether the macro completed successfully. So far it was working fine, but the log download in Chrome would glitch from time to time.
From the docs I read: “New with V8.1.3: The &savelog= parameter supports full paths now, e.g. savelog=c:/test/log.txt. If a full path is detected the log is saved directly (instead of triggering a download). This is faster and more reliable.”
So I did just that and instead of “savelog=log_06-15-2023_09_36_12.txt”, I wrote the command as “savelog=C:/Users/PC01/Desktop/uivision/logs/log_06-15-2023_09_45_00.txt”
However, this doesn’t save the log where I pointed it, but it still puts it in the Downloads folder of Chrome and the file name is “C__Users_PC01_Desktop_uivision_logs_log_06-15-2023_09_45_00.txt”
So seems like the RPA doesn’t detect the path as a path and thinks it’s a simple filename and proceeds as such.
Please let me know if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s a bug. I’m using version 8.3.6 with the latest XModules and having the macros on the hard drive.