Running linux xmodules on arm64 device

I successfully installed the UI.Vision linux xmodules on an arm64 chromeOS tablet by using the qem-x86_64-static emulator to execute the “uivision-xmodules-linux-v202103.AppImage” x86 installer file.

To have the chromium browser execute the xmodules AppImage file via the qem-x86_64-static emulator I renamed the “uivision-xmodules-linux-v202103.AppImage” file to “uivision-xmodules-linux-v202103.AppImage.original” and created a script called “uivision-xmodules-linux-v202103.AppImage” that contains;

#!/bin/sh
echo “$@” > /tmp/params.log
qem-x86_64-static xmodules-linux-v202103.AppImage.original $@ > /tmp/err.log 2>&1

After the chromium browser calls the AppImage it shows that the xmodules are still not installed due to the errors shown in my err.log file below. Any suggestions?

params.log:
chrome-extension://gcbalfbdmfieckjlnblleoemohcganoc/

err.log:
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘chrome-extension:/uivision-xmodules’: No such file or directory
awk: cannot open …/lib/com.github.teamdocs.kcmd.json (No such file or directory)
awk: cannot open …/lib/com.github.teamdocs.kcmd.json (No such file or directory)
awk: cannot open …/lib/com.github.teamdocs.kcmd.ff.json (No such file or directory)
/tmp/.mount_uivisi0bGPnn/AppRun: 44: cd: can’t cd to …/xmodules
cp: target ‘chrome-extension:/uivision-xmodules’ is not a directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘chrome-extension:/uivision-xmodules/kantu-*-host’: No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘chrome-extension:/uivision-xmodules/nmhost’: No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘chrome-extension:/uivision-xmodules/runshutter’: No such file or directory
/tmp/.mount_uivisi0bGPnn/AppRun: 50: cd: can’t cd to chrome-extension:/uivision-xmodules
bash: 1install.sh: No such file or directory
Press ENTER to exit

Richard A.- Grand Junction Colorado Food Bank

1 Like