Run Looped Test Suite and Global Labels

Hello there,
I know that within a Test Suite, you can make each Macro run a few times via Loops.

However, I would like to be able to run all the Macros in the Test Suite in that order, before looping over again.

Meaning to say, if my Test Suite contains Macro I, Macro II and Macro III in that order, I don’t want the test run to be (Macro Ia, Macro Ib, Macro Ic), (Macro IIa, Macro IIb, Macro IIc), (Macro IIIa, Macro IIIb, Macro IIIc.) Rather, I want it to be Macro Ia, Macro IIa, Macro IIIa, Macro Ib, Macro IIb, Macro IIc, Macro IIIa…

I also have global variables inside the macros that I would like to retain over the loops of the test suites.

The easiest way (from a user’s perspective) I think is to have global labels, so that I can jump back (gotoIf) to the first macro from the final macro given some condition. However, my last macro doesn’t recognize the label (prepended with “global”) in the first macro currently.

Is there any solution readily available for this? Or is this perhaps something that a9t9 will consider supporting?

There is currently no official feature for looping test suites, but it is on our to-do list.
I like the idea of having global labels :slight_smile:

Meanwhile another user suggested a workaround that works by by using the command line, so the last macro in a test suite calls the test suite again: Looping test suites - #2 by commensal - UI.Vision RPA - UI.Vision RPA Software Forum | Discuss RPA Automation, Selenium IDE and OCR API Text Recognition

I see! Yes I saw that post (it popped up as a suggestion whilst I first posted this one - good topic detection there :)). However, I don’t think it allows me to retain the values of global variables on the new call. Does it? I didn’t try it in full, but I suspect it won’t.

I have at least one global variable which I will want to increment from one run of the test suite to the next.

It does :slight_smile:

Global variables keep their value until the Kantu extension is closed. In other words, as long as the same instance of Kantu remains open, it does not matter how you start a macro… it can be started as part of a test suite, manually with the “Play” button or trigger via the command line URL.