[Recreator Required] Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist

Two seemingly random errors appeared today, several times:

Cannot read property ‘tab’ of undefined’

And

Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

However, I believe I may have fixed it/worked around it in my scenario.

My scenario

I am opening URLs from a CSV file in a new tab. Today, Kantu would error somewhere between the second and ninth URL.

Over the weekend the website changed its subdomain name and is now redirecting the old name to the new.

I searched/replaced the old name to the new in the CSV file and so far, no more errors.

I hope this may be of help to @admin and others.

I just ran another CSV file and forgot to search/replace the subdomain name - same thing happened. Swapped-out the old subdomain name for the new - working fine.

I’m guessing there’s some kind of disconnect happening between Kantu and the browser tab when a redirect occurs.

Am also getting same issue with error Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist..

@admin could you please help us on this ?

Please refer the log below. Am running that UI test case and suddenly its frozen with Error as could not establish the connection.

[info]
Executing: | click | id=IDToken2 | |
[info]
Executing: | type | id=IDToken2 | tomtom123 |
[info]
Executing: | click | id=loginButton | |
[info]
Executing: | waitForPageToLoad | | |
[error]
Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.
[info]
Macro failed (Runtime 1.29s)

A test macro or a screencast of this issue would be helpful for us, so we can recreate the issue on the test systems.

I am getting the same error.
My belief is this is because of a slow loading Web App.
Instead of timing out on a clickandwait, Kantu is proceeding to the step in the macro.
In my case it trying to click a check box.

I get one of three errors when the page is loading slowly.

  • Lost connection.
  • Could not establish connection
  • Element not found

I used to only get the “Element not found”, but I increased the Page timeout and added a pause after the clickandwait.