Receiving end does not exist. (TAB=OPEN)

Hi

Any suggestions welcome on the best way to avoid this error. This page had been running successfully for many loops at the time it happened… Does it need a pause after the CLOSE?

  • Executing: | clickAndWait | xpath=//*[@id=“mG61Hd”]/div[2]/div/div[3]/div/div/div/span/span | |

  • Executing: | selectWindow | TAB=CLOSE | |

  • Executing: | selectWindow | TAB=OPEN | https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLS

  • [Line 75] Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

  • Macro failed (Runtime 26929.97s)

It’s happened again, somewhere else in my code. The tab is definitely there. I’ll restart Chrome and see what happens.

  • Executing: | selectWindow | tab=3 | |

  • [error] [Line 65] Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist.

  • [info] Macro failed (Runtime 631.34s)

1 Like

It’s been flagged ("Receiving end does not exist" - v7.0.9) and also acknowledged as a bug (Ui.Vision RPA Chrome extension: Migration from Manifest V2 to Manifest V3 - #51 by admin.

Best thing you can do in the meantime is either watch over it and restart each time it fails (painful), or try and rollback to v.6.2.8 (which I’m still struggling to do due to lack of help, cough cough).

To rollback see the first post at Ui.Vision RPA Chrome extension: Migration from Manifest V2 to Manifest V3 - it provides a link to v.6.2.8

1 Like

Mmmm. It’s an intermittent problem. I’m not sure what’s triggering it.
I swapped out the code and I’m getting the error on this now…

selectWindow | tab=2

I thought is might be a conflict on the page so I loaded a blank html page and still get the error on transferring to the blank tab.

I then closed the window and reloaded all tabs and get this error message on the same line

  • [error] [Line 51]: until: ipc by tab id expired!

I then opened the tabs in Chrome incognito mode and no errors.
I ran the macro a second time and I get the ipc error again :-/

Prior to these errors I have been using variations of this code all day and no problem. I’ll try a computer restart.

I didn’t do a computer restart. I restored a backup of my code to 2 hours ago and so far the macro is cycling without any problems. So I will report back if I can find the reason my new code has been getting so many of these errors.

After 2600s a similar error arose…

  • [error]

[Line 83]Error #101: UI.Vision RPA is not connected to a browser tab(more info)

On a restart and with only 4 tabs open and no other uses of the computer the macro ran all night.

Once I stopped and restarted macro it failed after a few cycles.

My Chrome CPU use goes from 2% to 65% when the macro runs.

The macro is working now, without any intervention.:-/