Receiving email automatically triggers Macro?

Is it possible to start a macro process automatically, without user (me) clicking play, once an email with a certain subject line is received?
For example, when my clients sign something I get an email to my inbox with the subject “Complete: Letter Signed”. Could the moment I receive an email with this subject line be a trigger (automatically, without me pressing play) to play a macro?

If this is not within UI.Vision’s capabilities, is there suggestions for having it interface with another app? I’ve found several that ‘watch’ your emails for you & can start simple macros - but none of them are as robust as UI.Vision so I’m hoping I can have another app trigger the start of UI.Vision based on these criteria if not.

You can use e. g. a Powershell or Python script to check your email, and then run the RPA script via command line. The strength of the UI Vision rpa software is the ease in which you can combine any scripting language with RPA automation.

Or - if you only want to use RPA - you can have the UI Vision software watch your web-based email inbox.

1 Like

how can I use pop/imap to check an email? I know how to use regex etc to get the code, but I’m not sure how to check the email? I figured write a python script to get the email and then use xrun to run the code?

If I do that, how do I get the contents of the email from XRUN into UI Vision? I can’t start the macro from command prompt from the start and pass the contents in the URL since I would need to check the email in the middle of the macro