Non-admin XModules installation for macOS

Hi.

Is there a way to install XModules manually (alternative to just running the package, since I have no administrator access)?
I’m using osx Monterey.
Thank you in advance

Hi, on Windows no admin rights are required. But Mac security requires admin access to get the mouse and keyboard access (that we need for XClick/XType) working.

That said, a non-admin version of the XModules for Mac with less features sounds like an interesting idea. If anyone else needs it please reply to this post, so we can see how small/big the demand for it is.

Thank you.
I understand the thing about admin access for mouse and keyboard.
If I’m not mistaken, I think I saw that we need the XModules because of some Chrome stuff, in the future, so I guess if this can’t be sorted out, “I” may loose access in general to this so helpful extension?

If I’m not mistaken, I think I saw that we need the XModules because of some Chrome stuff,

Exactly. That is why we plan to have a non-admin version of the Mac XModules in the near future.

For now the workaround is to use the earlier version V6.2.8 from the RPA archive . - it still runs on Manifest V2 and is not affected by this issue,

Or use UI.Vision for Firefox - it also still uses Manifest V2 and does not show this issue. Plus, Firefox has not announced any expiration date for manifest V2 - so this is what I would recommend.

ok thank you. Will be keeping an eye on the non-admin version as firefox may not be an option (some other conflicts not related to uivision) and will give previous version a try as a workaround.