Memory Leak solution?

Is there a way in powershell to completely shut down Chrome, kill all the process to stop the memory leak problem?

I tried Taskkill /IM chrome.exe /F, that doesn’t solve the problem.

I suggest you to close browser periodically before uses all memory and reopne it

I did use the command up there to close chrome but it didn’t work, what exactly do you recommend so I could follow?

If closing with the API use the argument: closeBrowser=1

You should never force close a browser killing the task. You take a chance on corrupting settings, cache, logs, etc. For example, with PowerShell you can use:

Get-Process -Name namehere | ForEach-Object { $_.CloseMainWindow() }

1 Like

Thank you, could I ask, in this case, I want to close Chrome, what do I put in *name here *?
And what else do I need to custom in your line of command you just give me?

The process is chrome

If you do Get-Process you’ll get a list of running processes on your machine

I use the same as in this RPA script:

taskkill /F /IM chrome.exe /T

@kolor_blind You can use deleteCookies then selectWindow | TAB=Close in RPA script after completing execution

Dear @ulrich, this didn’t work. Eventually, after a few run times, the no tab with id error appears.
The only thing that would work, is restart my VPS. But here the thing:

• If I set a restart routine by Task Scheduler daily, but not reopen the VPS myself, then the task won’t run. So I have to restart it manually. Right now I want it to be automate.
  • If I set the task to be run if VPS log on and off, I don’t know why but this won’t let me run task with Task Scheduler even when I’m logging on.

This no tab with id error is a huge pain. I don’t know what to do anymore.

@Kaushal_25 the deleteCookies is also a command in RPA, right?

yes deleteCookies is also uivision command

Works for me in V6.33 just fine. What is not working?