Memory consumption over time

Hello guys,

I’m working on a project that need to be looped about 80 to 100 times. The problem is that memory consumption over time is getting it too hard. The only workaround I found is to exit both Google Chrome and Ui.Vision extension and then open them again. But it’s too boring.

My system is an Elementary OS 5.1.3 hera, based on ubuntu 18.04 LTS, with 8GB of RAM. Processor: Intel Core i7-4500U @ 4x 3GHz.

Google Chrome: 81.0.4044.122 64 bits
Ui.Vision RPA: 5.5.7

As you can see in the image below, this time, resident size is at 3.9 Gib. And it increases over time in a limit tha my entire PC crashes and need to be rebooted (If I don’t close the browser and open again.) My code has a lot of “store” basically.

I hope you guys help me.

Is this a long macro that you are looping? How long does it run. Usually 100 loops is not much at all! If you can post a test macro that shows the issue, I am sure that the UIvision team will test and debug this issue!

If I don’t close the browser and open again.

Good news: This can be automated. Just use the RPA command line interface. You can use for example Python to control the RPA software.

This screencast is with Powershell, but the same works with Python in Linux:

My macro runs over 15h everyday, the same problem appears. Usually I restart the Chrome to handle this problem.

Well, with 15 hours non-stop web browsing I am not really surprised. That is why I use the API to restart the browser every few hours. But the OP said after only 80-100 loops - that is something I never saw.

I don’t consider it too big. There are 83 lines and it only takes about 48 seconds to complete the task. If I automate that close browser and Ui.Vision RPA function through command line, I’ll have to learn how to loop my macro. I’m trying to do this in Shell Script.

I’m just having some ideas but I don’t know where to start.

maybe do not use the hard drive mode, and too much data store in RAM.

post your source code?