Making mouse clicks with the keyboard - please help

Newbie here.

I hope to be able to scrape data from Google Maps. So far I’m trying to compile the list of keystrokes to reach the elements I hope to copy the content from rather than using the mouse. So I’m not recording macros yet. I’m just getting ready :wink:

I figured out how SHIFT + F10 emulates a right-mouse click.

But I ran into to this hopefully simple hurdle:

When I have reached the element I cant to copy the content from (still without using the mouse): How do I copy the content only using the keyboard.

screenshot 1

When I reached the element holding the name (Balraj Sidhu in the blue active element this example) how do I select the actual text = the name. Using the mouse I would just mark and copy the text. It is a bit tricky since the name is also an active link to open a pop up window. Searcing visually for the name is also not an option since the name will not stay the same.

I hope my question is clear.

Cheers

Can you post an url or similar url, need to detect an xpath (locator of element) after you can store it

Post url please

Thanks.

Sorry I should have added the URL.

Here is is. I don’t know Mr. Balraj Sidhu, but his profile on Google Maps is open and publicly available.

I appreciate your willingness to help.

Cheers
Morten

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/106349562245832426444/photos/

This store the name in google profile i think works in every profile but need to try because i have but other profile to try

Macro code

{
  "Name": "Store_Google_Profile_Name",
  "CreationDate": "2020-6-10",
  "Commands": [
    {
      "Command": "bringBrowserToForeground",
      "Target": "",
      "Value": ""
    },
    {
      "Command": "storeText",
      "Target": "xpath=//*[@id=\"pane\"]/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div[2]/div[2]/h1",
      "Value": "Name"
    },
    {
      "Command": "echo",
      "Target": "${Name}",
      "Value": "#shownotification"
    }
  ]
}
1 Like