Mac: XClick and XType not working with Shift (Workaround available)

Hi,

I’m running Kantu through Chrome on a Mac with the Xmodules. I’m attempting to set up a macro to work with google sheets in Chrome.

So far, I’ve been successfully using XClick with the row #s on the left of the screen, but what I would really like to to is select row 1 and then shift click row 20 so that rows 1-20 are all selected.

So I tried setting up this function:

{
“Command”: “XClick”,
“Target”: “row1_dpi_192.png”,
“Value”: “”
},
{
“Target”: “row20_dpi_192.png”,
“Value”: “#shiftclick
},

However, this simply makes the macro click row 1, then click row 20. So in other words, the shift didn’t take…

I also tried to use Xtype after clicking row one as follows:

{
“Target”: “row1_dpi_192.png”,
},
{
“Command”: “XType”,
“Target”: “{KEY_SHIFT+KEY_DOWN}", "Value": "" }, { "Command": "XType", "Target": "{KEY_SHIFT+KEY_DOWN}”,
},

ETC.

This one would be less ideal because I would have to repeat the Xtype command 19 times to achieve the same effect. But even if I try doing it with XType, the SHIFT doesn’t work and all that appears to happen is the down arrow key.

So I’m at a loss. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks,

David

I thought I would add some more info just in case some people ask: Im running OSX Mojave 10.14
Running Chrome: version73.0.3683.103
I just installed Kantu last night, so I’m fairly certain that this is the current version of it.

I’ve disabled all of my google chrome extensions (other than Kantu) and it has no effect.

We confirmed that Shift-Click as it is works unreliable on MacOS. In this test it always fails for the first shift-click, but works well on the other two:

But we found a workaround, see my next post…

The workaround for this issue is the same as for the CMD+UP issue. We use the XRun plus the CliClick tool to simulate the Shift-press during our clicks:

{
  "Command": "XRun",
  "Target": "/Users/qa/Desktop/cliclick",
  "Value": "kd:shift"
},

Shift-Click demo:

The new XModule V2021-1 fixes this issue. And it adds support for multiple modifier keys.