LocalStorageExport default storage location

Hello,

I understood that it was possible to set a storage location different from the default browser download directory (It appears to be more of a copy from the source folder to another folder…) if I use the command LocalStorageExport but I don’t see where we can specify the new storage location…

I also see in the tabs that they are only image or csv files, what happens if they are xslx files?

Thanks,

This command uses the Google Chrome download location. Actually, it must use this location, browser extensions can not save data anywhere else.

Here is how to change it:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More. Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Advanced.
  4. Under the “Downloads” section, adjust your download settings: To change the default download location, click Change and select where you’d like your files to be saved.

Additional note: When you are using the XModules and are in hard-drive mode, then logs, screenshots and CSV are stored directly on the hard drive, to the LocalStorageExport command is no longer required!

The location for the files are in this case are the sub-folders below the XModule home folder. So in this case, the files are never stored in local storage, but always on the harddrive:

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, it confirms the fact that I am obliged to use another tool, robotask in my case to move the downloaded xlsx files to another location.

Thanks,

There is no need to use another tool to move downloaded files. You can simply call the XRun command directly after the LocalStorageExport.

With XRun you can run a batch file that moves the files, just like in my example here: Storing image with consistent filename - #2 by ulrich (<= here the batch file is used to rename the files after download).

1 Like