Kantu Log size limit

I am saving the log file but it appears to hold only 30K of data. This is causing a lot of my macro’s log data to disappear. From what I can see I am losing more than half of the log record. Any chance you can increase the size of the storage or use the new file writing ability to write to the hard drive. Also, can you provide a parameter to limit the messages to “All”, “Echo”, and/Or “Error” as you do in the Kantu browser.
Thank you.

You can save the log to disk with the localstorageexport | Log command.

Hi @Jab. I submitted this feature suggestion with the @admin team as I have a similar issue even with the log in the browser. They can just match the log file with whatever is shown on the browser add-in

Hi @Jab I am having the same issue, did you get any solution. i want to save a complete log from the start of the macro run till completion, i am getting only small part of the final log portion when i use the LocalStorageExport. any fixes ?

New xmodules of ui vision with hard drive mode selected save all log in hard disk and contains all macro command and other info.

Try new xmodules and switch to hard drive mode and you will find the folder log with all log in separated files.

I know this works but simply saying it doesn’t help. How about some useful usable documentation? Xfiles seems to having file directory problems (different issues: the save appears to want to point to wherever you last did a download or save, not just the directory specified on the Xmoules Home Folder in UI settings, and the locations of macros and images gets confused). So I’m not sure that’s a good solution anyway, and xfiles also costs, so that doesn’t work for free users. But getting back to the log issue, which Directory is the log file saved to? Under what name [and format] (I think a date/time stamp is being added to it)? I am using LocalStorageExport | Log | DeleteAfterExport and it has it’s own problems. Tech Support changed the name of the log file to UIVision_log.txt from Kantu_log.txt which screwed up my file renames since I started assigning a date/time stamp to my files on the fly in the middle of my macro execution. And In my Chrome (not sure if just me cause it doesn’t happen in Firefox), a save dialogue appears with this command, so it has to be clicked, which is yet another problem. However, I was able to successfully set it up so that I can save my log file in pieces, but it is a delicate operation using 3rd party software.
By the way, Williams19’s feature suggestion is a good idea worth implenting as soon as possible. I also think being able to check for specific error numbers #OnError | ErrorNumber | goto label or RUN macro is greatly needed to help everyone recover from unexpected macro problem

Hello, unfortunately, I do not use the ui vision logs as I check the macro with a csv file where the macros save me the status and various personal information so I do not use the logs as they are useless for me. My macros save the status and various info in a csv, after I check the csv and see everything I know if a macro fails or works and I don’t need the logs.

I also use CSV files but my macros are so involved they cannot run in their required time if I use csv’s to record all the information I want to see. I’ve tried.
In addition they have to be downloaded, which is an issue unto itself.
In my opinion the true solution is to allow for a larger internal log file while at the same time providing a method to delete them so the internal browser space doesn’t fill up. My leftover log files cluttered up the internal space until it was full and the macros wouldn’t run at all and my solution created yet other problems I am still trying to resolve. CSV is not the answer.
FYI my macros produce over 110,000 log file lines. I need to know when they go wrong as well as when they go right… CSV files help but their overhead makes them unuseable.

Waiting a reply from the admin

Subhassh, The solution I use is as follows: I found a logical point in my macro where I could execute a LocalStorageExport | Log | DeleteAfterExport, thus breaking the overall execution into multiple log files. If you use Firefox you can set it so no save dialog appears, but for Chrome a save dialog does appear so you have to save each log. If UI Vision could switch to DESKTOP mode and see the save dialog, it could click it, but I have not been able to get that to work [another unreported problem with UI.Vision], so I use a 3rd party software to do it for me. Cumbersome, but it works.

Note that with the latest version you can now write log files directly to the hard drive:

Added: Hard-drive mode: Log files (as shown in the log tab) are written to hard-drive. It is one file per UI.Vision start. The format is “log-day-time.txt”. You can also set the path via the -savelog command line switch.