Issue Background option on Windows Task Scheduler

Hello,

The task does not start when I choose the background option - “Run whether user is logged on or not” and I check “Do not store password” as well as “Run with the highest privileges”.

When the option “Run only when user is logged on” is chosen, the task is executed correctly. But the drawback of that option is you can see on the screen what UI-Vision is doing. I would like for it to be in the background and not appear on screen.

Could you please help to set this up? Any recommendation to run the UI-Vision in the background (i.e. for example open Chrome without disturbing the user - Chrome does not become the main window of user. User can continue his work while UI-Vision is running on chrome).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Gaëlle

I suggest to keep the “Run only when user is logged on” and add BringIDEandBrowserToBackground to your macro.

Hello,
Thank you for your suggestion. I tried the BringIDEandBrowserToBackground command in UI-Vision and this is what happens :

• a new tab is opened on Chrome, which launches the UI-Vision RPA (this is the path specified in Windows Task Scheduler “file:///C:/…/ui.vision.html?direct=1&macro=UI-VisionTest”)
  • the UI-Vision RPA is opened and displayed onscreen then closed
  • the Chrome browser is then minimised while the RPA executes its tasks
    This is bothersome to the user in that it opens new windows while they are working, and also minimises Chrome while they might be using it. Is there a way to make everything run in the background and be transparent to the user? Even if the UI-Vision RPA or a new Chrome window are opened, it is OK as long as they stay minimised and do not display in full screen on top of the user’s current window.
    Thank you in advance.

Hi, did you find how to keep Ui Vision RPA in the background ?