Is it possible to automate Google sheets using UI vision, apart from using desktop automation feature?

I am using desktop automation and xmodules to automate google sheets, Please suggest if any other method is available.

This is in order to provide row nums and col nums via scripts.

Thanks,
Ankesh

Best method is use a csv, automate google sheets is very hard and you must study and testing long time, i suggest export data and create a csv, after is very easy and fast work with RPA ui vision.

For extending Google Sheets, have you considered using Google Apps Script? It lets you do automate things with Google Sheets, similiar to VBA for Excel. This approach can be combined with the UI.Vision RPA software.

I am using desktop automation and xmodules to automate google sheets,

That is what I use, too! Especially XType and sending shortcuts like the tab key is very powerful for automating Google Sheets.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response @ulrich.

I shall give Google app scripts a try :cowboy_hat_face:

Thank you for your response. I was wondering if there is any other way to do it :thinking:

Automate Google sheets is very complicated and slow i do not suggest to do this you loose time and days to find a good solution because you must use desktop automation (not web automation).

With csv solution in fast time you can use the data saved in csv, I usually convert documents Openoffice in csv to use in ui visioin RPA.

1 Like