Images Can't Be Found With XClick by Teammates Using Source Control

Hello all! I have set up many macros for my team, all using XClick and VisualVerify/Assert. The images are uploaded successfully, and the entire project is downloaded successfully by team members (in other words Source Control is being used correctly).

It seems like my teammates keep running into issues with image recognition on images I scanned. They keep getting errors “Image ‘xxxx_dpi_120.png’ (conf. 0.6) not found.” According to other threads this means the RPA cannot find the image provided on the screen. We are all using the same resolution and I am forcing the viewport size in the scripts so it doesn’t seem to be a resolution issue. All commands not using images are working fine. If they rescan the images on their own desktop, it works fine.

Why do shared images not work?

We are using Web Automation and not Desktop Automation as Desktop outright doesn’t work for any of us, prompting error “Failed to write to ‘__last_desktop_screenshot.png’” on every XClick & VisualAssert/Verify command.

Usually the reason is that each screen renders the images slightly different. => Can you try with lower the confidence level? You can either change the default to e. g. 0.4 in the Vision settings or change it per image by adding @0.XX

xclick | xxxx_dpi_120.png@0.40*

Also make sure the browser zoom level is 100%.

We are using Web Automation and not Desktop Automation as Desktop outright doesn’t work for any of us, prompting error “Failed to write to ‘__last_desktop_screenshot.png’” on every XClick & VisualAssert/Verify command.

I never heard of this. Is this on Windows, Mac or Linux?

This is on Windows 10. Desktop Automation was working fine until recent updates.

Thank you, doing both of these fixed it for my teammates. I appreciate you taking the time to give a solution.