Image Comparison at Different Sizes

Hi All,

I have been storing images from websites and trying to compare them to other websites but it is quite unreliable. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Note: I have already lowered it to a 0.6 confidence AND switched to desktop automation to TRUE because the browser was not working at all.

The challege seems to be the different size of images, yet they are the same image.

Thank you all.

Interesting question. Can you please post some example screenshots? E. g. screenshot of website1, website2 and the image(s) that you need to search for. Then we can test.

Hi,

I would rather not as it would reveal my identity since I am automating for my group. However, you can imagine an icon size, a medium size, a large size image. I found storing the medium sized image worked the best across all size comparisons.

FYI any image with a lot of white in the background or really dark do not register as accurately.

I have also tried the last screenshot method but I find it is too limiting in possibilities to do other tasks before the image comparison.

Just to clarify: Is the goal to click on an icon on different screens? Or is this for software testing (SQA)?

its to visually verify that it is the same image downloaded previously. Albeit in different sizes on a website or desktop

So just to clarify this further: You have image A, B and C. Both have different size and you want to check if they are the same?

Did you already download image A, B and C and want to check then? If not, could you download them? (Then checking them is easier).

Or are these images/icons on a website?

Yes. I download Image A, ui correctly identifies it in the code (which means i saved it correctly), and then i want to compare it to different size images to see if it is matching. These images are on the website and I use desktop vision as it is the only one that works at a very very low @0.40

Thanks!

Some example screenshots would be really useful to have. If you do not want to post them in the public forum, you can email them to us at team AT ui.vision - in your email just mention this forum post.

imagemagick may be more accurate for your needs. Comparing -- IM v6 Examples

Imagemagick is a great tool, but its image comparison only works with images of the same size. So if you have two identical images, one just being 150% larger, then the Imagemagick comparison will fail.