How to get hidden link from a certain xpath?

I’m trying to get a hidden link from a certain xpath (where you can’t see it on the GUI but it’s in “inspect elements”) - is that possible? I tried using SourceExtract but I couldn’t get it working; is there a better function?

Hi, can you explain more what such a hidden link is? Maybe an example page?

Sure. Like if I click on “HowTo” above with the purple square, I don’t want to store “HowTo” as the text, but the URL it links to (forum.ui.vision/c/rpa/howto/16). Like if I do this, I want to grab the link to Google, and not “this”.

use Command: storeAttribute

and in Target put @href at end

Target should have xpath of Tag “A”

Edit: I tried storeAttributes and it works for most links, but for the link I’m looking for can’t be found for some reason.

It’s not a input box, but I suspect this could be it because there is a checkmark nearby the link:
storeAttribute does not work with input boxes. But for this, you can use *[executeScript](https://ui.vision/rpa/docs/selenium-ide/executescript) | window.document.getElementsByName('Phone')[0].value; | value* as replacement. This does the same as storeValue in the old IDE.

But I’m not exactly sure how to execute that. What do I replace/keep as is? Not sure what the variables are in the above macro.

you can specify attribute you want to get

I tried but it couldn’t work (from edits before):
Do you mean like this

{
      "Command": "storeAttribute",
      "Target": "//*[@id=\"provider-mounter\"]/div/div[2]/div[2]/div/div[1]/div[2]/div[2]/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div[4]/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div/table/tbody[1]/tr/td[3]/span/div/div[2]/@href",
      "Value": "!csvLine",
      "Description": ""
    },

?
I tried doing this, as well as removing the @href/various combinations of xpath (some nested, some not), and adding a xpath=//, and each time UIVision can’t find it:

[error][ignored] Line 2: timeout reached when looking for element 'xpath=//*[@id="provider-mounter"]/div/div[2]/div[2]/div/div[1]/div[2]/div[2]/div/div[2]/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div/div[4]/div/div/div/div/div[2]/div/table/tbody[1]/tr/td[3]/span/div/div[2]/span[1]/a'

I’m sure the xpath is correct, and when I do it for another link on the exact site that doesn’t have a check box, it works.

can you record video from scratch

start by element, how you get xpath and what you input in code
Also expand TAG HTML Code

and you are using absolute xpath
It might not work if you visit same page again.