How to disable logs ALL LOGS and FOR loop

As said in this post:

RPA is slooooooow.
I’m doing my best to optimize my code to the max, but my hard work is spoiled when RPA does things i did not want to do and get more slow.
Im talking about saving logs, if i have t e NO LOG option active in RPA option, i said no log, no echo neither errror no all, just no log, then why i cheked the log folder and is filled with log files? every time i run a macro an unwanted log file is created, meaning rpa wasting precious run time in doing unwanted things.

How can i disable and where this logging?

Also, would be nice to implement a simple for loopwith automated counter instead of a cheated while loop

thank you

I answered the “slow” question here: Why is RPA slower than Python

About log file: The hard-drive logs do not take much time, but with the next update the “No Log” setting will disable them, too.

Also, would be nice to implement a simple for loopwith automated counter instead of a cheated while loop

I don’t understand that part. What is “loopwith”?

hard-drive logs are the best, fast and easy to read :smiley:

Sorry, fast typing no spaces, is loop with automated counter,

for x = 1 to 100
print x

instead

x=1
while x < 100
print x
x++

Good news: The next update will include two new flow control commands: times and foreach. With the times command you will be able to write:

times 100
  print ${!times}
end

times

With times you can specify a number of iterations you would like to perform on a set of commands. The number goes into the target input field of the times command.

forEach

ForEach adds the ability to iterate over a (JS) array/collection and reference each item in that collection.

1 Like

Nice and wonderful, if i understand it right if i do:

times 3
click “somewhere”
end

this means i do 3 clicks and no more whiles?

also the ability to iterate… this update seems interesting.

this means i do 3 clicks and no more whiles?

Yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Times and ForEach are now available:

About log file: The hard-drive logs do not take much time, but with the next update the “No Log” setting will disable them, too.

Available with V5.5.3, too.

We’re running v8.3.8 has the No Log setting been put in place yet? Or do i just not know how to use it correctly?
I’ve tried &savelog=No Log in the arg variable but still get log-20230810-125055.txt in the \logs folder
with the amount of macros we run daily these add up quickly, and seem to collide occassionally

This has not been added, it seems.

Can I ask why you need to disable the log files?

with the amount of macros we run daily these add up quickly, and seem to collide occassionally.
Unless it’s impossible to run 2 instances of UI.Vision RPA at the same time?