How do I get the macro to execute on the desired "current" web page?

I got Kantu and I guess it’s now RPA. (I don’t know if that means I have to update anything or not - but that’s a separate issue.)

I recorded a macro using a web page I had already opened.
The recording started with me clicking on the web page then performing some actions on the web page.
I want the actions to be repeated whenever I select a web page and activate the macro.
When I try to do that on another web page (that I want the actions to be performed on) it re-opens the original (recorded) web page.

How do I get it to run against the “current” web page?

Just go into your macro and delete the open | yourwebsite

When I do that, the macro times out and stops. Log says “timeout reached when looking for element 'id=panevariantdX3KYuOQha__yMwQe2b48G_1069-bottomRow”

(I’m really new to this… only recording a macro and I can get it to re-execute, but only with respect the web page from the recording.)

How do I tell the Macro (in a separate UI Vision window) to go to (focus on) the browser tab I want the macro to run against?

(The actual website/page will be different for each run of the macro.)

can you give us a copy of your code or example? also what command are you using?

(if you want to copy your code, click the “Source View (JASON)” button/tab and copy everything in their)

I’m sorry it took so long to get back to you, but here’s the code I recorded (I did not see a way to paste code snippets so this will have to do):

{

“Name”: “SetValidatedImage002”,
“CreationDate”: “2020-2-14”,
“Commands”: [
{
“Command”: “click”,
“Target”: “id=navigationitem0Kwc5H4gQ4cv9SjfrGkLdG_2114-BDI-content”,
“Value”: “”
},
{
“Target”: “id=fileupload30MrQbPcQqYnUcArPCudPW_2749-fu”,
},
{
“Command”: “type”,
“Target”: “id=fileupload30MrQbPcQqYnUcArPCudPW_2749-fu”,
“Value”: “C:\fakepath\_Validated4.jpg”
},
{
“Target”: “id=buttongss0UY0uL4cUsupwGn_rem_2754-content”,
}
]
}

There might be multiple issues, the first is it always reloads the recorded page when I want it to execute on the currently loaded page.

Insert image is one of the web pages “Actions” drop down, but it may change from one page to the next depending on how the server presents it. I’m guessing that I may have to implement image recognition to use that, but first I need to get the macro to execute on the current/desired web page.

The recording seems to have taken the file from my directory and put into a temporary area and then tried to upload that, so how do I reference the source file in the directory structure. (It’s a local disk, not a network location.)

navigationitem0Kwc5H4gQ4cv9SjfrGkLdG_2114-BDI-content

These IDs usually change between each web page reload. => This breaks the macro.

Solution: How to handle dynamic changing ID’s In XPath

Forum post: How to get the Selenium IDE commands to work with dynamic ID's